1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunno if this goes here... but whatever

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Joey, May 7, 2008.

1. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    So yeah.... I'm pretty sure that Tommy doesn't really want to talk with me anymore seeing as how I haven't seen him or talked with him in about a month. Really bummed about that one... But I guess life goes on. Blah blah blah, insert generic moving on comment here

In retrospect, I believe I was a crappy boyfriend.... yay.... go me....

2. smilealways

smilealways Guest

If he is avoiding you, then maybe he is. Otherwise try and talk to him.

And if you think you were a crappy boyfriend, then you can always try to improve :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

HONESTY is always the best policy in a relationship. Unfortunately, I had to learn this the hard way. The VERY hard way.

So... what do you have to lose? Call him and ask him! What's the worst that can happen? He says "yup - you were a crappy boyfriend." which is what you've already assumed. At that point you could very well try to understand what it was that was the problem.

Best case is he says "Hey - great to hear from you! I was really busy studying, and the longer I left it without calling you, and the longer you went without calling me, the more uncomfortable I got about calling you back. Sorry about that. We're all good - lets go out Friday night!"

And reality - as it so often does - lies somewhere in between. But again, you'll never know unless you ask.

4. Joey

tiny tiny University in northern Maryland
    I dig, I dig.... but yeah, I was in a foul state of mind last night (happens every so often). The reason I say I was a crappy boyfriend is because since I go away for school and he lives all of 15 minutes from my home (over an hour and a half away from school) we couldn't do the spontaneous "hey, you wanna go grab lunch?" or whatever... and if he was kinda just down and stuff, I couldn't say "I'll be over there in a minute." or vice versa.
    Add on top of that the stressful studies I do, so I'm a bit of a Debbie Downer at the end of the day...

Anyway, tomorrow I get home (!) and I'll call to see if he's interested in getting something to eat and catching up... if not, I'm where I'm at now (which, in all fairness isn't all that bad... I'm just emo) and if he's up to it, well yay.

Thanks for reading and whatnot, I appreciate it a lot.