1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my Pastor Mom and Homophobic Police Officer Dad

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JakeFromNarnia, Jul 25, 2013.

1. JakeFromNarnia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Any tips for coming out to my parents? I really want to tell them, but they're like HARDCORE homophobes. I think they maaaay know (Browser history. You can't blame me.) but the subject has not been raised before. I don't know how to do this and it's creeping me out. Tips? Ideas from anyone who has been in my situation? It'd REALLY help. :kiss:

2. apostrophied

How old are you? If you're under 18 and/or dependent on your parents, proceed with caution... You don't want to get kicked out or anything of the sort.

In terms of actual tips, eh, I better not give you mine 'cause they weren't very successful, so I don't think you'd want them. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Hopefully someone else has something to offer, though. :slight_smile:

3. ManilaBoy

You need to think if coming out (at this point of time) is too necessary for you to do.
    If there is a need for you to do so, then go ahead. But if risks/losses are greater, you need to reassess your priorities first.

4. JakeFromNarnia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks for the thoughts. <3 I have just been thinking about it. I really want to. I just don't want to hide anything anymore. But I guess I can wait awhile till I'm out of the house. I'm only 15. But yanno. cx Thanks you guys! Much love!