1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well guys, I need a little help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Boy, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Boy

Boy Guest

My father and I weren't close to each other in past years, because he moved to another city and my mom was dating another man, they were 21 years old when they had me. My mother married that guy she was dating, 5 years ago.
    Now I'm 14, living with my mom and her husband. A few days ago I met my dad for talking, he told me a lot of things. He seems to be a really smart man.
    We were chatting and he asked me if I prefered blond or brunette girls then he said "Or are you telling me you don't like women ?", I immediately asked why, he answered that he just wanted to know me. He said "Don't you like a lot of girl ?", I shaked my head negatively.
    A while after that he said "When you have a girlfriend... or a formed opinion about that you will understand (He was talking about something else).
    Earlier that night he said that sometimes we have to tell people things that they don't want to hear and that we must not think what people will think about us or what we are saying.

Did I come out to him ? If I didn't I'm thinking about saying this to him:

Last time we talked you said that sometimes we have to tell people things that they don't want to hear and that we must not think what people will think about us, but when you asked me if don't like women I lied."

He's a really cool guy and I think he will understand.

What's your opinion about it ?

Sorry if I spelled anything wrong.

2. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think he's clearly telling you he's OK with what you need to tell him. I'm not sure if he knows, but I think he's ready to know... so I'd say tell him :slight_smile:

3. InactiveUser1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i think u should talk with him a few more times then when ur absolutely sure tell him the truth because i think ur now just too exited and that may cloud ur overal judgment
    soo careful with him what u say and stuff 0_0 thats my overal idea of my support to u
    u might say some thigns u might regret later X_X

4. Deranged06

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

If you think he's a cool and smart man, and you are totally comfortable opening up about this side of you then I don't see nothing wrong with that. It might be a start of a great relationship.