1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to come out to extended family/acquaintances?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TheLiberalLlama, Jul 25, 2013.

1. TheLiberalLlama

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've already come out to all the people I'm very close to (close family and friends). Now I'd like to come out to people who aren't so close to me, like my extended family and everyone at school. So how can I go about this? It's a really broad spectrum of people, and obviously I can't tell everyone individually. Any ideas?

2. coreyl13

My dad took care of the extended family. I had in my mind the people I personally wanted to tell and knew it'd trickle down the line to everybody else.

I'm out of school I have one co worker who knows.
    People generally for some reason enjoy telling others someone is gay so in school things get around fast just tell a few people and before you know it everybody will know.

3. Awkward Balloon

You don't have to tell people, unless they need to know. I'm completely out of the closet, yet many don't know because there is no need for them to.
    If they hear that's fine, but I don't waste time telling people. :slight_smile:

4. TheLiberalLlama

Out Status:
    Out to everyone