1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i do this....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rahata, May 7, 2008.

1. Rahata

Hey All,
    Ok so my dilema is, I know I should move out of where I'm living if I'm to start to move on / get better(as Lex said), but I currently live with friends. And if I move out I pretty much screw them out of their place to live. What should I do? I don't want to ruin the friendships and I don't want to loose contact with them(as I'm sure I will) but I'm at a lost of what to do. These friends mean a lot to me. :bang: :help:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Can you give them a heads-up? Tell them you're going to get another place to live in...say, six weeks? Two months? Give them time to get a replacement?

Lex

3. JSG

JSG Guest

Yep, you should let them know you're leaving so that they too can find a place to live.
    You're friends won't live your life for you, to move on in life, friends have to be lost and you need to make new ones.
    You don't have to lose contact with them, esp with phones and the internet, but over time you'll contact them less and less as you live your own life and they live theirs.
    I know friendships mean a lot but you can't stay with them forever.

4. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I agree, give them notice to find your replacement. Even a month is sufficient, I think.