1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling A Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lukeluvznicki13, Jul 27, 2013.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi guys.
    So I have really had an urge to tell someone in real life (not family but a friend) that I am bi sexual. i feel like I need to at least vent and come out of my closet to someone. I was thinking about telling one of my friends that I really trust that I am bi but the thing is, I am so nervous that I will be judged and also I have no idea how to say it.
    Like -how do you say it?
    -do you say it face to face or through text?

Any advice ?
    Thanks
    :help:

2. DiamondLucy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You should come out the way that makes you the most comfortable. I've come out over email and in person, and there's a trade off for each... Not doing it face to face is less scary initially, but the time between sending them a txt/email and getting a response is nerve-wracking. It can be harder to get up the courage to come out face to face, but at least you get an immediate response.
    However you choose to do it, good luck :slight_smile:

3. lukeluvznicki13

thanks for your advice !

4. tysonjames

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came out to my friend first. She supported me so much and didn't make a big deal out of it at all. It felt like nothing had changed except the fact that I don't have to hide it from her. If the person you tell tries to make you feel like really awful about it, or puts you down for being who you are, that person is not worth being your friend. But honestly it is the best feeling to know that you don't have all this pressure to hide yourself from someone close.

5. RCJ24

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey buddy! I just came out for the first time to one of my best friends a couple of days ago. I didn't know how to tell her so I just asked her if we could go out for coffee and talk. I told her that I had been keeping a secret about my life and I needed to tell someone so I can take a step in the right direction. She ended up telling me that she new I was gay, I didn't even have to tell her! She told me that she had never suspected it before but it just kind of clicked when I started telling her I had a secret. I think you should come out to a friend! It will take a lot of pressure off! Just make sure it's someone you can really trust to keep your secret and accept you. Also, do it in person! If you did it over the phone it could be seen by others and I just feel like a lot could go wrong there. So just ask your friend to hang out and let them know you trust them and really need to tell them something about your life and that you hope they will still respect you and keep your secret.
    Best of luck!

6. lukeluvznicki13

Hmm...that is a good idea. The person can keep the chat as evidence on the phone if he/she isn't trustworthy.
    I think I should tell my one guy friend Dylan because he accepts gays, bis and lesbians even though he is Christian like myself.
    I will just try find the best time because I really don't want to all of a sudden run up to him and be like "so I have a secret and I need to tell you it", sounds a little odd idk. x]