1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family... help?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confeshhhions, Jul 28, 2013.

1. confeshhhions

I came out to my best friend as bisexual a few months ago, and she accepted it amazingly - our friendship has only gotten stronger with it... But I want to tell my family.

My older sister's majority of friends are gay men, but she seems to think that bisexuals are "greedy" but I never know if she's joking or not. My mum seems to have the opinion it doesn't matter what sexuality your child has, and my dad shares this opinion with some bigoted views..

I want to come out to them as I'm sick of hiding and having secrets from them, but I'd rather not make a huge thing out of it. I don't want to have them sit down and say "I have something to tell you" then have them freak out thinking I'm pregnant or something!

Any suggestions on how I can come out, without making a big deal? Thanks!!

2. CuriousBunny

To not make a big deal about it, you could just say it during dinner (if you eat together).

3. FloatingPiano

Yeah, you could just casually bring it up in a conversation. Also try to drop some subtle hints, and see if they bring it up first.

4. confeshhhions

Thanks guys! But how do I bring it up casually?? That's my dilemma.