1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out- a success story!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Precious Venus, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Precious Venus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I've always kind of known I was bi but after a bit of teenage dabbling, have pretty much lived the straight life. Until recently. I met a woman who, despite the fact that she doesn't actually want to date me, has turned all of this on its head. I know now that I am very much into girls but I've been so worried about telling my friends.

Well I told my therapist first, terrified about her reaction. She just smiled. I think she already knew?

Next step, I told my BFF. I was telling her about how my crush didn't reciprocate my feelings, etc etc, and she was being very supportive. When I said, "it gets worse... my crush is actually a woman" (holding my breath at how she'd respond) she just laughed and said, "so what? That's not a bad thing!"

On Saturday night, I went out with a big group of friends and gradually, I mentioned to a few people that I had feelings for a woman and my next relationsihp might be a girl-girl one. None of them seemed fazed in fact one of my male friends actually high-fived me! (!)

Everyone's been so supportive and accepting, I don't know what I was worried about. In many cases, I get the feeling they already knew and it wasn't a big surprise. It makes me wonder how many of us are petrified of coming out when the reality is, everybody who knows us well already knows we're gay and is just waiting for us to say so?

2. Nick07

Big congratulations !!! :slight_smile:

3. Batman is swag

Major congrats!

4. FloatingPiano

Congrats!!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: