1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CanukJerseyGirl, Jul 29, 2013.

1. CanukJerseyGirl

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    so I gues ive always known I'm into girls.. but I was always scared n t ried to do life the "normal way"... Ivr tried dating guys, but there's always something missing. .. any advice... I'm scared shitless.... In almost 25 and ready to find real love which I know I won't find with a man...:icon_redf:help:

2. CanukJerseyGirl

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    lots of help u guys have been... :confused:

3. enigmeow

welcome.. :slight_smile: I know it is a empty thing to say but, you will discover it actually is very cool to be who you are. str8 people are boring. :slight_smile:

My one bit of advise is, don't rush it.. just enjoy it

4. Amerigo

(*hug*) yeah, it's hard to enjoy these times, but we must try, things are supposed to work out in the end, good or bad, all for the best. breathe, take it easy, let go of the worry

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I know its nerve wracking joining a forum and posting new threads but I promise people will post on your thread just be patient.
    Realising or admitting you are gay to yourself is a really scary thing, I know I was totally freaked out and scared to death when I tried to come to terms with it. EC is a great place that will help you just give it a chance.
    What are you most scared of?

6. CanukJerseyGirl

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess I'm most scared of being judged by the world. I mean, I know my family wouldn't care at all, but even so I haven't told them.... I guess I always figured I'd tell them when I had a reason to (ie a gf or something) plus... I've never actually been with a girl and how am I supposed to find one if I can't let the world know I'm looking.... I'm just so awkward at this point in my life. I have no idea what my next move is or how or when or anything. .... ughhh.....

---------- Post added 31st Jul 2013 at 06:33 PM ----------

btw, thanks for answering, sorry bout my second post, just being awkward again....

7. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Jersey Girl:

You and I are more alike than you think. I am 54 and just coming out. I have suppressed my desires and urges for men just like you have for women. One suggestion, talk to someone. Is there anyone in the LGBT that you can talk to. I am having the same issues as you. I contacted the MCC church and have an appointment to contact the pastor.

Find someone to talk to. This will help. Do not try to go to fast because you want to be in a relationship. You will find someone.

Craig

8. Hey there JerseyGirl!
    Well we here at EC are always available, but maybe you should try going to a lesbian bar or finding an LGBT community center for making friends and meeting a potential girlfriend. But remember this: you don't find love, it finds you. I think love will come to you in an unexpecting way, perhaps from a friend you make, or someone you already know, heck, maybe even a total stranger! Best wishes in whatever you do.

9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well what would you like your next move to be? Would you like to come out to someone? If so who would you pick?

10. musiclvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand... I just got out of a three year relationship with a guy and I am ready to be with a woman. It is so scary to me to put myself out there. It was so relieving for me when I told my friends and family I was Bi. Just a little support can go a long way

11. Tyler1

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take it one step at time. I understand its scary but in the end if you are into women you will much happier. That is what counts. EC is a great resource, I have found a ton of good advice and just a spot to vent when needed. I agree with statement in one of the posts " straight people are boring". Gay is more fun, at least for me. Good luck.