1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

told last person on my list Yikes!!!Longish

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by coreyl13, Jul 29, 2013.

1. coreyl13

Ok so I've gone through and told my family and all my friends and its been a great experience and everybody has been amazingly supportive. I sooo wish I came out years ago.
    I draw the line at coming out to work I work with patients at a psych hospital and word gets around fast.

Anyways I had one last friend a guy friend. He is very special to me since he is basically the only guy I consider my friend. I could ramble on all day on how good he is. I haven't seen him in over two years since he moved out of state to work at a bible camp. We stay in contact through messaging.
    I am worried because he is very christian and has now based his life surrounding this. His father is a pastor at a huge church down the road.

I sent him a looong message on everything in my life yada yada and then I put in there I'm gay and I know god loves me and I love him and I did not choose to be gay that makes no sence. I will answer all your questions. The. I put I will stop here Incase this is uncomfortable for you. And I respect you enough to accept your decision on whether you want to continue being my friend. Then I pressed send Hardest thing to do is pressing send on something you really don't know your ready to say.

A little backround his father is a pastor
    He is one of nine kids
    All homeschooled and very smart
    World and I emphasize WORLD traveled.
    Most out going caring individual person I've ever met
    So if you haven't guessed it by now I liked him for a long time
    He's the only person I can't figure out I've gone back and fourth on whether he's completely straight or not.
    I worry that since he was raised by a pastor and he is so god oriented that he might not want to be friends anymore I messaged him and told him I'm gay and that I respect him enough to accept his decision on our friendship. I'm worried about him rejecting me. I've had such a great coming out and he's is somebody I will always cherish.

I could seriously write forever on this and go into so much detail so if you made it this far thankyou. I'm not trying to bore you. I've saved him for last because I've gone back and fourth so much on whether or not I should tell him. I sent the message and now all I can do is wait I hate this feeling

2. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congrats dude on taking the step to send something to someone through the internet. It may have been the hardest thing to press send but you'll be glad you did it once you receive his response on such an issue. You guys sound like the best-est of friends. i say that because a good friend will accept you no matter way. If he doesn't accept your orientation, just let him know that you respect his decision and that you hope that this will not affect y'all's friendship. Also I just read the sentence that gone into detail about why you saved him for last. Reading that, I would also let him know that you value his opinion. I know you've already sent the message but just send it in addition to add more sentiemence. (sp?)

Let us know how it goes and I can assure you there is no way a thing like this could bore anyone. (*hug*) (*hug*)

3. rose94

Hey, well done for sending your message. That must have been so nerve-wracking and it was very brave of you. So whatever the outcome, you deserve to give yourself a big pat on the back. :slight_smile:

I hope that he reacts well to you because you guys sound really close and it would be a huge shame if this 'ruins' the friendship. But you are still his friend, the news doesn't mean that you are not the person he has always known and I'm sure he should be able to see that as the truth.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you.