1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NightlySanity, Jul 30, 2013.

1. NightlySanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think I'm bisexual, but I'm having a hard time figuring my feelings out. Sometimes I feel like I just care about people so much and love so much that I'm confusing myself.
    I know I'm attracted to men, but lately I've been attracted to women, I think! I definitely appreciate an attractive person no matter what gender.
    There's this one girl, I fell head over heals for her and just anytime I think of her I get that big stupid grin across my face and get butterflies. I'm pretty sure she's straight of course. But when I was younger, I would get somewhat embarrassed and excited if a girl was becoming my friend whom I just thought was an amazing person. When I meet amazing people I wish they were my best friend in a way, as weird as that may sound. So basically I'm struggling with trying to understand myself if I'm bisexual or just appreciating amazing people.
    Everyone says "well just go kiss a girl and see how you feel" duh :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It's not that easy! I've been in hetero relationships so I know where I stand there, but there aren't any girls for me to just walk up and start making out with lol. And all of my girl friends are straight, so :/
    Any advice to help untangle me would be awesome<3

2. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know it is difficult. I do not know if you are young or older. If you are young, give it some time. If not, go talk to the girls, see what happens. I am not suggesting that you hop, skip, and jump into bed. What I am suggesting is that you start a relationship, that is, if that is what you and the potential partner desires.

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

I think what you should consider is that, you are your most important person, however cliche that may sound. If you are most concerned what others think of you, then you are "fitting in" to the situation, if however, your concern is losing your identity, or a fear of "not knowing" that is more of a fear of "belonging", where you would be foreboding joy.

Realize this,
    Change only happens when the discomfort of how things are going is greater then the fear of change. And while being vulnerable is crippling sometimes with fear, it is our only true salvation to joy, love, meaning, creativity, and peace.

A suggestion:
    Allow yourself the blissful opportunity to not assign any judgement to any decisions you may make at the moment. When you have let go of your fear, the changes will happen, and you will begin to find your resolve. When people question you, respond truthfully, and non attached to the question. If you are focused on what others think of you, then you have lost the ability to be yourself, as you are "fitting in" rather than "belonging". If you are yourself, and you are not attached to the outcome, others will appreciate you and lift you up, and those who will not are not worthy of your affection or time anyways. :slight_smile:

Reminder:
    When we are most lost, or when life has pushed us down, perhaps there is something we need to be looking for down there.

I hope you the best, and if you need any one on one advice, you can send me a wall message.
    Much love,

4. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

I feel the same way about beauty and attractiveness. It does not matter to me what gender the person is if I am attracted to them. I get the same confused feelings where I don't know if I'm bisexual, or just confused. So I understand your pain.

I would recommend that you try to find some way to act on your feelings and see where it leads you. Honestly I think you do need to make some kind of sexual connection with another woman to see if it feels right. You will have to sort through all the feelings that come from that type of experience, but you might get a more clear answer about your sexuality than we can provide here.

I know for me I knew I was more than just bi-curious when I had a sexual experience with another man and wanted to keep doing it. If I were just straight I probably would have thought that one time was enough.

5. NightlySanity

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you all for the advice and support. It feels so nice :slight_smile:
    I guess time will have to be my option for now. I really want to act on my feelings so I can know for sure, but there are just no girls around to help with that. The only out lesbian I know just moved to a different state, not helping. So my problem stays a problem :/ I will consider my age group as well though, haven't had as much time to figure ourselves out. I'll keep calm and happy with myself no matter how confused.
    Thanks again,