1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so bored with shopping!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by total mo, May 10, 2008.

1. total mo

total mo Guest

This is a very disturbing incident. Yesterday, I went to the local mall to buy new clothes, only to find out, the mall looks just exactly like my closet. I feel so bad because shopping isn't fun anymore, and it's suppose to be fun. I can't wait for next season, or I just have to fly in Paris!

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find shopping boring too. You know how I solved that little dilemma?

I stopped going.

Drastic, I know, but I've said a ton of money. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah if it's boring and nothing to buy, why not save your money and stop going?

4. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes if I go without buying new clothes for a while my mom will buy them for me...but I only get shirts in two colors that way.....I'm not someone who likes to shop for clothes though..I would rather buy books, movies, or gadgets. I found this one store where I could buy 5 dollar shirts and 10 dollar jeans and it was the happiest day of my life. But if you own everything at the mall and are willing to fly to Paris for more clothes you probably don't wear those types of clothes :icon_wink

5. I am so the opposite! I nearly have a shopping addiction! I love to go out and find things that make me look good :eusa_danc Its all about the clothes you know.

Spring is my favorite time too, cute skirts open toe shoes and all kinds a fun stuff. If you don't want to go I'd love to spend your money for you, send it on over!!! :grin:

6. zumbo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish my closet would be as fancy as the mall too.

7. Gumtree

This entire thread is BLASPHEMY!!!

BORED OF SHOPPING! ? ! ?

*twitches*

It's called online shopping, I am often at the same stage as you when, having to wait for the next season of clothes to come, thats when i hit Ebay :slight_smile:

8. total mo

total mo Guest

But if I stop shopping, there will be nothing else fun to do. My life would be completely boring. I need to find a new hobby.

I so don't like online shopping. It's bad they don't have online clothing booths, you can't fit them, when they arrive they're always a little too big.

9. Gumtree

Pick up sewing and make your own clothes!!!

Don't laugh guys, i happen to knit a lot myself!

We had a scool excursion last Wednesday which had a 6 hour bus ride that left at 4am.

Everyone, including the teachers found it quite comical when i pulled out a massive collection of wools and knitting needles.

THEY WEREN'T LAUGHING WHEN I WAS THE ONLY ONE WITH A BLANKET THAT NIGHT!

10. total mo

total mo Guest

I actually thought of doing that. I so dislike most of the desgins, why not make my own.

You whip up a blanket in 4 hours? Thats amazing.

11. Gumtree

Nah i had already been working on it for quite a white.

Although if you stick to a really simple design you could probably make a small blanket in 4 hours.

Also made the chick next to me a beanie :grin:

Was a bit lop sided though :frowning2:

12. Kenko

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was amazed when I found a $12 pair of jeans. Most jeans seem to be $30 at the cheapest, $50 normal price, and $80 for the ones that come pre-worn out.

I really don't like clothes shopping and as a result end up wearing jeans and a T-shirt or polo shirt all year round. Clothes shopping consists of buying a new polo shirt or pair of jeans. I did see a t-shirt for sale at the dollar store a couple weeks ago. I did buy that.:lol:

I occasionally like gadget window shopping, but really I don't normally see a whole lot that interests me.

13. Defender

Defender Guest

I'm not, I wish I had the money to do more shopping :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

14. total mo

total mo Guest

that's so sweet! What material is your blanket made of? Can you do a quilt blanket in the shortest time possible? I wish I had your knitting skills, I would've made for my friends also. It might actually be funner than same old shopping.

15. neverover

in sydney, i would go to flemington. they sold used clothes, for like a dollar each. and i often find a dollar on the pocket:lol:. guess how much money i have spent:lol:.
    and yeah, i dont really like shopping clothes. id rather spend it on gadgets, headphones, cellphones, dvd, etc...
    omg, i cant bealive this. have i grown straighter? NOOOOOO!

16. Sam

Sam

Poor college student here with no help from parents or anybody so I don't have a problem with bordom during shopping because I rarely have money to spend on stuff I want.

Don't go for a while, when you go back there will be new stuff.

17. Gumtree

A quilt isn't normally done by knitting I don't think...

I just use a plain knitting wool, the simpler the wool the easier it is and I am still learning. Maybe once i'm good i might start getting into some fancy materials, changing wool types etc but ATM i'm still just sticking to the one type of wool and my beanies are still lop sided!

18. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're lucky to actually be able to get what you want (and to say that you are actually bored of buying stuff). Some others really can't. Say, I haven't gotten new shoes in three years because I can't afford them. All of my pairs are falling apart.

Plus, having shopping as your main hobby is probably the most consumptive thing I've ever heard of (not to mention expensive). Yeah, I agree, you need to find something else to do and soon.

Sorry if this is harsh.