1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by crickett, Jul 31, 2013.

1. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am scared about coming out - especially the sexual nature. I know there is protection and all. But this still scares me. I have very little sexual experience. i do want relationship. Just don't want to get sick do to some std or other sexually transmitted disease.

Any suggestions to calm me down.

2. CuriousBunny

Coming out as gay doesn't mean that you have to have sex or get an STD. There are plenty of straight people that have them too, so there's nothing to worry about now that you didn't before. Also, guys will only care as much as girls did that you don't have much experience, which is not at all to very little.

3. STDs are a risk for everyone no matter what race, gender, sexuality, etc. If you want to avoid them, just use protection and wait until the right dude for you comes along. Do not let anyone pressure you into sex. Best of luck!

4. Aaldaj

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Just know that one day you'll have to come out and tell people who you really are!!!! Forget about people , what the will say, EVERYTHING! It's your life and you decide what you do with it! Not your parents not your friends but YOU! Remember people will always talk shit but at the end of the day it's your life and what they say is irrelevant. And about the STDs use condoms and see who you're messing with! If it smells don't go there! Lol

#4 Aaldaj, Jul 31, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  5. LD579

Use condoms when having sex, first of all. If you don't take part in hookups, you're more likely to find guys who don't have STIs and such... if that makes sense.

Besides that, though, coming out doesn't mean you'd start having sex with others all of a sudden. There is little-to-no sexual nature when coming out, in my opinion.

6. blueberrymuffin

Others already addressed, gay is not synonymous with std, but to calm your fears...One of my classes had a gay couple as guest speakers. One of them has had AIDS since the late 1980s and the other is still negative. Safe sex really can work and stds aren't necessarily a death sentence anymore.