1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First time coming out to a random stranger

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Thegreatperhaps, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Thegreatperhaps

Ever since I came out to my grandma, I definitely think I'm on some sort of confidence-high. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: My girlfriend and I went to the gym together tonight and after I came back inside from walking her to her car, the lady at the front desk showed some confusion as to why I wasn't signing in and I had a moment of hesitation and paused after "Oh, I was just walking my-"

'Do I say friend or girlfriend?!'

And I said girlfriend. I know that's nothing quite major, but I feel so ecstatic and just had to share it somewhere. Has anything 'small' ever happened to you guys but it meant the world to you and your coming out experience? :slight_smile:

2. First of all, congratulations! This is such a huge step, even if it is to a stranger, because it means you are somewhat comfortable with yourself. I have recently come out to my mom and she was pretty accepting. Naturally I was happy and relieved, and she even picked up on this. It was not really a small thing but it wasn't as dramatic or bad as I thought it would be.

3. Thegreatperhaps

Hey, thanks! And that's incredible, congratulations to YOU. :slight_smile: I can't imagine the relief you must still be feeling. I'm happy she's so accepting!

4. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

No such thing as a small thing!!!

Congrats on getting yourself out there! :grin:

I think one of the best feelings I ever had was the first time I finally had the courage to walk hand-in-hand with a guy. It was such a thrilling yet simple experience. I felt like I was on top of the world.

5. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Congrats,
    That really says something about your self-worth, It means you are beginning to love yourself for who you are. WHOOT!