1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you feel hard done-by?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sully, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Sully

One thing that I've been struggling with recently is this feeling of being hard done-by. Everyone has issue that they deal with, but I can't help thinking that being gay is SO MUCH worse than anything my middle-class, private school friends have to deal with.

They might mention something about how them and their gf/bf have been arguing or how their parents are annoying and I just feel like screaming 'SHUT THE :***: UP! You don't know what it's like to feel like the world is against you! To be treated like a second class citizens with less rights just because you're not interested in the opposite sex! You don't know what it's like to read 'STOP AIDS. KILL POOFTERS!' scrawled across the walls when you go to the toilet in public'.

Normally, I like to think that I'm not a particularly big complainer, but this just feels so real but so selfish at the same time. I know other people have problems (many of which can be far worse), but they just have no idea what it feels like!

Does anyone else feel this way? I hate it!

2. Batman is swag

Yes. I do sometimes. But I've learned to embrace my fabulous gayness. It doesn't bother me so much now... =)

3. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Yes, I think a lot of people here understand where you're coming from, and I want you to not discredit yourself. Yes other people might be going through what seems to be worse that you, but nonetheless, you're still going through your hardest struggle yet, and that deserves to be recognized. I will tell you, there is life after school, and its a good one, and that there will still be people every here and there who upset you, but as you work on yourself, and your emotional being more and more, and your shame resilience, you will tend to not attract those sorts of conflicts anymore.

School, especially middle/high school, sucks for everyone, but it is much harder on gay kids. Keep your heart open, and dont let those kids bruise it. :slight_smile:

Sending warm regards,

4. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Yeah, I know what you mean. :frowning2:

5. Pat

Pat

I feel that way being black in the South. Compounded by the fact that I'm gay. Sooo yeah. I think I one-upped you :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol. Just do what you can man. Have dignity. Be who you are. Change perceptions. That's a rewarding feeling when I can make an impact on someone before they know I'm gay.

6. Sully

Thanks all. My point is that it's not the fact that I'm gay that sucks. It's that people whine about the most trivial shit and they just don't realise how good they've got it.

7. Sully

Me included :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. burg

i feel that way every time i hear someone complain about a trivial situation.it get to me alot really.