1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help fast

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by hoping, May 11, 2008.

1. hoping

my mum has controlled me all my life and im sick of it she tells me im not gay and that i have to be with her on my 21st next year and that i have to not move out. i want to have my own life now and im so sick of her controlling me. like she knows my sister has had oral sex with guys and got drunk and done pot and she doesnt care and i cant even talk to any gay guys. she had her bf go through my pc and she goes through my mail and she constently asks me who im texting. please i need advice and fast.

2. neverover

hmm... its a hard situation. but i dont think u should runaway (is it just me or u really thinking to do so?). u cant runaway if u dont have a solid financial support.
    talk to her and treat her nice. like, bake her some cookies, kiss n hug her everytime u wanna go outside. make her feel that u are her caring son, no matter who u are. once u get really close and bonded, maybe u cud talk again bout this whole thing.
    sorry if i didnt help much...

3. SkyTears

Um... I don't know about were you live but in the U.S. going through someone else's mail is a federal crime.

4. Gumtree

I'm gonna outright say that she is in the complete wrong.

She has crossed every boundary of privacy and not only is it illegal it's a violation to general human rights.

It's time you sat her down and told her exactly that, and if she doesn't accept it then you need to make ulterior arrangements because you DO NOT have to live with that, you SHOULDN'T be living with that!

As stated before, runningaway from home without popper financial backing or support wont get you anywhere so be prepared.

If worst comes to worst you can use my favorite come out line.

'MUM, I LIKE F&%KING COCK UP THE BUM AND THAT AIN'T GONNA CHANGE!'

5. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't have a job, get one.
    Start saving every last penny you can.
    The second you're financially able to move out, do so.
    She can't stop you.

Lex

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Lex has got it. Do everything you can to make yourself independant. Save money like mad, and when possible, move out, even if it's somewhere horrible. Once out of her grasp, you can sort things out and live your life how you want.

7. Sam

Sam

Save money and move out. I know it can be a scary thought but when you move out you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. What she is doing is wrong and obviously upsetting you. You need to get out of that environment and she needs to realize that you are an adult and perfectly capable of making your own decisions.

8. EthanS

EthanS Guest

..WHAT!!!!?? OMGGG I'd hate to have a mother liek that, not like she can control me.. you just need to tougthen up and tell her "no!", if you keep letting her do this to you you'l be a mummies boy :], she doesnt even repsect your privacy so why should you respect her?? and your 20?? you should be having your own life, tell her the, if you let the bird out of the cage thing ^_^ or mayb not.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. EthanS

EthanS Guest

And IF you do move out and she doenst like it DONT tell her where your movin to

10. hoping

I want to move out so bad. thanks for the advice everyone

11. Gumtree

Heya Hoping, i think there is more to this story that you should tell them!

12. Hepcat

That sounds awful.

I think Lex is right. I've been saving every cent from my job since February 2007 and I finally have enough to go overseas and get away from the suffocating influence of my family. I'm not going to stay over there, but it'll give me a chance to get away from all this and think about what I really want to do with my life. My parents don't like the idea of me going but they know they can't stop me so they've decided that it'd be better to help me rather than to try and stop me.

I'm not saying you should go overseas but just at least to get out of the house. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.

13. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I completely agree with everyone's posts. I really think you should get a job fast and save up (even though I know how hard it is to find a job -- and well paying at that). You're over 18, she cannot control you anymore. I know you probably don't want to lose her or whatever the case may be, but I think as soon as you're financially stable you should move out and you'll be a lot happier? Is there anyone else you can go stay with. Good luck with that. (*hug*)