1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can gay people see through walls?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whatsgoinon, Aug 4, 2013.

1. whatsgoinon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My friend asked me this and told Me to think about it

2. Average Joe

Sadly, I can't. Maybe I'm defective?

Can you? :lol:

3. whatsgoinon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't know?

4. BudderMC

I hope you're kidding.

Unless you mean "walls" in the sense that people put up mental/emotional barriers as a defensive mechanism. I'd wager that LGBTQ* people are very slightly more able to see past those "walls" since they tend to put up their own and can see the same behaviours in others that they themselves exhibited.

5. whatsgoinon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok my friend is being cool with me during my whole transition. But he says basically everyones gay, it just matters if you want to act public with it or not. Straight people masturbate with each other and gay ppl have feelings?

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We see through walls in order to check out guys in the showers. :wink:

7. KazeKitten

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, gay people can definitely see through walls. It's an ability they are all born with. However in many cases there can be a defect in their body which makes this ability nearly impossible.

This is really common, and nothing to worry about. If you feel you do not have this ability and you should, (And you are above the age of 25, as 99.7% have developed it by that age.) please see a medical professional concerning it. In most cases, a simple prescription will help, but in some extreme cases surgery may be required.

8. Nick07

9. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

In my meditations I can.

When I start thinking about about this stuff it makes me really confused, considering Im made of 99.99% empty space, and my body never actually touches anything because of magnetic resistance. Why is it that If my body is made of mostly empty space that my blood and organs dont fall out? Why am I not just a sack of water? Why cant I fly? Why cant I walk through walls? Why do I "feel"?

Haha, these are things I think about alot. My best guess is that the human experience is a limited one. Maybe we're all stuck in a dream we cant wake up from? Who knows, thats kind of the cool thing about being individual, is none of us really have the right answer, but we all can find what makes sense to us. I know my theories are quacky, but their mine. >.<

I refer to this video sometimes:
    Jill Bolte Taylor: My stroke of insight | Video on TED.com

10. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's funny.

I'm reading this to mean closet walls, since it's under "Coming Out Advice."

In that case, I think many people can. If it isn't because of stereotypical interests or comments that a person themselves has made, then it's just pure demographics. Thought the age has been pushed upward, most people just assume that most guys and some women over a certain age, who have a degree and a job, and aren't married are something other than straight, and they are often right. When I meet people in my peer group who have that collection of demographic traits, I sort of think the same thing, maybe not in 30 seconds, but in about 30 minutes. I don't know if it's just common sense or gaydar. Maybe it's both.

So, if those are the walls the OP is talking about, I say yes.