1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I come out this school year (MtF)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by CowboyBebopFan, Aug 4, 2013.

1. CowboyBebopFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Okay, I'm thinking about coming out to some close friends this year. I don't think I can take living as a man for much longer. Even when I see my penis, I feel so embarassed that I was born with it. So anyway, I think I should tell someone about it. I don't want to tell my parents yet because they might just think it's a phase and it will go away in a few years. I'm a little scared to tell a friend because it might accidentally leak out and the other students might bully me. Can someone help? I want to tell someone but I'm a little too scared to.:help:

2. AlexTheBlogger

Hello, how are you?

I am a FtM boy, so I have some experience in this area of 'coming out'.
    Tell to a close friend you trust who wouldn't tell this to anyone that shouldn't know your condition as trans.
    It seems you have trust issues, even with your friends, but you have to trust them, at least a little. If you are still afraid, make it clear that you don't want this information running around at school.

I know that's not the best advice, but it's quite good and one of the unique ways of coming out as trans to close friends.

Good luck! If you need someone to chat, you can talk to me :slight_smile:

3. Shipper

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I just cant stand that idea. Its like when people try to think that mental illness is just trying to get attention.

I dont have this experience in coming out, but I have a MtF friend, so I can see what you go through, as I know she had bullies in school too.

I wish you the best of luck, and I think Alex is right. If you can tell at least one person, thats just a little bit off your chest, and a little closer to being able to get courage to tell others.

4. Sinopaa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say you've got some sound advice so far. As for your parents, they're the toughest to work. Try getting information put together explaining that being transgender is not a "phase" or a mental illness that can be cured with some magic male pills. If you need help doing so we can get you some solid information to work with. Also, talk to your family doctor about how you feel and see if he or she is willing to work with you in explaining things to your parents. Hopefully if you can make a strong enough case that you need this to happen they will help you start transitioning. Stay strong and keep us updated! (*hug*)