1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Tokarov, May 12, 2008.

1. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey EC.

I need some advice. I'm getting over a crush that I have had for the better part of the year. I'm not asking for advice on HOW to get over him. He is graduating and we will never see each other again, So I know it's only a matter of time before he's out of my head for good.

I'm asking, what do you do while your geting over this person? If you have had a crush, what do you do while you try NOT to think of them?

Ha, if this question makes sense to people, I aprreciate any and all advice. :slight_smile:

2. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Focus on developing new skills (AKA doing stuff new to you) and doing a lot of stuff you like that are not relationated with the guy you're going to get over with.
    For example: Sports, or Music. Learning how to play a certain instrument and then be part of your school's band may be fun. Even working-out (while other shirtless boys are around :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) may be a good distraction. I dont know, you name it.

3. acorn7

I try to not take it too seriously and kind of ridiculise him to myself and to my friends. It doesn't necessarily help, but at least it makes it more enjoyable :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: As for getting over him completely... the fact that you won't see him is definitely good! And hopefully you can find someone else soon.

4. Tokarov

Tokarov Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well yeah, I mean.

Summer is about 2-3 weeks away. And then 5 weeks of summer school. So I know I will eventually get over him. (thats how crushes work right? over time it goes away?)

Anyway, I just wanna focus on something else. The thing is, I do Music...band. I would LOVE to sit around my house focusing all on video games for 2 months (1st month is gonna be summer school) but I dont know how healthy that would be...

5. Quitex

Quitex Guest

Make sure you get fruit juices (preferibly fresh: doing them on the morning and freezing them for later in the day), make sure you take a 30-minute hike on the mornings and a occasional 10-minute hike twice during the day, and make sure that you get at least 10 hours of sleep (your eyes and brain will be tired) and you're all set.
    Oh, and a comfortable chair helps too. :wink:

6. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Get out there and be social. Meet new people, of all stripes, and hang out. That's the surefire way to get over a crush. :slight_smile:

Lex