1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ooOStickerOoo, Feb 8, 2007.

1. ooOStickerOoo

Since my last thread i have realised that iam 100% gay, i dont want to be but iam and I'm learning to live with it.

Iam so scared about telling the people i know and who i love.
    I have one female friend who i know will take it well, in fact i think she will be happy to finally have a gay friend. And i just know she is going to try and set me up with every gay guy she meets.

The majority of my mates are male, and there the type of men's men. there into building and cars and stuff and i'm not sure how they will react. My two bestest mates in the world are the two mates I'm most worried about. I want to be there friend and want things to remain the same but i know it wont after i come out.

Another one of my mates in catholic and really religious. Her father is a priest. And i don't want to lose her as a mate.

I was thinking about coming out within the next couple of months but i don't know how the people in my school year will react. I have been there when some of my mates have been picking on people for being gay or camp and I'm worried about what they will say about me. I think there are 2 outcomes, either [a] They will accept it and it will make me more confidant and will get along with people better or it will push me further and further away and they wont want to know me.

I had a dream the other night that i was standing in front of my class and i had tears in my eyes and i just said 'Iam gay.' and the whole class applauded and congratulated me for coming out and for being so brave. Dreams may come true!

I'm nt sure how my family will cope. I have a big family, 4 sisters and 1 bother. I'm sure one of my sisters and my brother will take it well. The others I'm not to sure. My mum is a lazy bitch and to be honest i don't care what she thinks but i know she is gonna say something shit like 'if your gonna be like that then just fuck off' and if she does, i will. I will just pack my bags and go. My Dad is 50/50, i think he already knows (Or maybe that should be 'i hope he already knows'), i know i cant face telling him face-to-face, ill more then likely write him a letter explaining and hope he will understand. My oldest sister is pregnant now and I'm worried she will react badly and tell me not to see my little niece/nephew and my second oldest Sister is a bit like me Dad, 50/50, she will probably be a bit taken back at first but hopefully come around to the fact. and for my youngest Sister, well, me and her are the closest by age and were in the same school, and i don't want her to be picked on because of me. That would just kill me.

I'm so scared about saying it out aloud...i want to shout it off the top of a mountain but when i open my mouth, nothing comes out.

Hopefully i will be able to within the next couple of months.

2. step49x

Hey, don't worry. Coming out definitely isn't easy. Right now, I'd suggest on just telling one person at a time.

So, you've got two groups of people you're thinking of coming out to. Your family, and your school friends. For your family, I'd suggest picking out the person who you think will be most supportive, and telling them first. Depending on how well they know other people in your family, you can have them help you judge how different people will react.

It sounds like you've already picked out a friend who you know will be able to accept you just fine. If you're looking for a starting point, I'd definitely start with her. How well does she know some of your other friends? She, like the family member, might be able to help you figure out how you should go about telling people. Do realize that you don't have to tell everyone. If there are some people that would be better off not knowing, then just don't tell them.

So yeah, my advice would be find a good friend/family member, come out to them, and use them for support/advice/assistance with coming out to other people.