1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well then, could anyone help me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sir Lich, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Sir Lich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well look at my situation.
    I'm in the last year before college. I already came out to 4 best friends and well I don't want to come out to my parents so soon, cause family is a bit religious, they aren't fanatics but still pretty religious. So I was thinking what should i do next, cause I am still confused with it like "Whoa!I came out to a few friends and yet still unconfourtable!"

2. CreativeGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Não sei se é permitido pelo Emptyclosets, mas já que você é brasileiro, irei escrever em Português. Bem, primeiro de tudo, posso dizer que entendo completamente o que você está passando. Tenho 16 anos e também estou fazendo o pré vestibular para prestar o ENEM esse ano. Já "saí do armário" para três amigos, mas nada de falar para meus pais (acho que nunca teria coragem :grin: ). Meu caso por exemplo, é que eu fico muito triste pelo preconceito e acabo entrando em meio que uma depressão muito fácil. Minha dica é que você se apoie o máximo em seus amigos, pelo menos aqueles que te "aceitam", porque eles são a maior ajuda que você pode conseguir. Se eu fosse você, não falaria, por enquanto, para seus pais, visto que pela religiosidade eles podem não aceitar muito bem.
    Qualquer coisa pode falar comigo, até porque você é um dos poucos brasileiros que ví por aqui ;-)

---------- Post added 6th Aug 2013 at 07:21 PM ----------

Sorry about the portuguese guys, bu I just couldn't resist. It's the fist brazilian that I found here.

3. Sir Lich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Vlw ae pela força, vo te adiciona como amigo.

Same excuse from the guy who answered.

4. JamesDE

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well I'll just step out of this one then

5. CreativeGuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    And why is that JamesED? :slight_smile:

6. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I google translated CreativeGuy's comment and I agree with him especially the "rely on your friends" part (Google told me that's what it translated to xD). They're your friends, they'll accept you no matter what and act as a metaphorical shoulder for you. I'm starting my 3rd year of University and just starting to come out to my friends. And coming out to my parents before I go back to University. But I started with friends first to get confidence and it sure helped. Some users recommended this to me and I can see it coming in use for you also: The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality - YouTube. That video is very convincing that homosexuality is not a sin and give you a few things that you can talk about with your folks when you choose to come out to them.

A question for y'all before I post this reply: How LGBT-friendly is the San Paulo area over there? My roommate is from that area and I would like to know what type of reaction I get from him.

#6 Randy, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  7. Anomander

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I can tell you that I have recently just came out to my two closest friends and I still feel very odd about them knowing even though they both accepted me. At the same time I feel a small amount of self comfortableness as well which I am not used to.

I would suggest thinking about being out in college from the get-go if you are already out to 4 people, or at least tell the close friends you make somewhat early on. I stayed closeted my whole 4 years and was miserable. I have an old post about it if you wanna creep my threads =)