1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to oneee more friend..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ScatteredEarth, Aug 6, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

Okay, so recently.. Well literally like 20 minutes ago, I was Skyping with my friend. It was me, him, and a girl in the call. We brought up the topic of LGBT because he was overhearing the chat room noises through my mic.

Basically, I had told them that it was indeed a chatroom on a site for LGBT people, but that I was referred here by a transgender person in support. Like a straight ally per say. They had gotten around to saying how they were also supportive of the LGBT community and what not which made me feel good a little but I still wasn't contemplating coming out to them.

But back to about 20 mins ago.. They had pretty much let me know that they were in an LDR and that it was a largely kept secret that they really didn't want anyone to know because their parents would freak out or something like that. It made me feel a bit more comfortable to say that I'm Bisexual, and also in an LDR.. But I don't know if I should because I somehow feel as though they might have a weirder reaction to my LDR because it isn't 'hetero-friendly' (I like that word :3).

Any suggestions on if and how I should go about doing this? For this particular thing, I can't meet him in person because we no longer have any form of seeing eachother due to school changes and whatnot. It has to all be done on Skype.

2. Lindsey23

Well, if they knew you were on a LGBT chatroom and they said they support the gay community they might suspect that you are gay or bi and are letting you know it is safe to come out to them. If you trust them not to tell anyone I think it would be okay.

3. CuriousBunny

I think you should definitely tell them! They told you that they're supportive, which sounded like an opening.

4. theotherside

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    hey dude

if they are also in a LDR to it hould be heaps easier to tell them whats going on with you? Im sure theyd be cool with it and really happy for you....at least you could both talk about how your LDR's are going? People also tend to be easier to accept when u say "im bi" as oppose to "im gay"...dunno why. weird :slight_smile:

5. lukeluvznicki13

When I found out that my friend accepted LGBT people, I told her that I was bi.
    I think you should them, since they support LGBT.

6. GayNerd

It is a good idea to tell them. It will not only relieve confusion, but it will also help them to learn more about you.

7. Perseus

It would be good :slight_smile: I support you for your final decision :slight_smile: