1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many people you fell in love with?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lolo sime, May 12, 2008.

1. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i fell inlouv with one girl for 7 years and still counting. but she doesnt like me in that way. cuz i told her how i felt. we are best friends

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you managed to move on from that? Or are you still mooning over her, to the exclusion of everybody else?

I've only fallen in love twice. First time was rough, as the guy didn't really feel the same way about me. I moved on, but then we hooked up into a relationship about four years later. (Mistake.) Then I fell in love with my partner a few years later. MUCH better. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. MeskElil

whoa, i'm looking in a mirror here--only it was me and a guy...and i'm still crushing on him:bang: .
    well...sometimes, i think you can't fall out of love with someone. i'm sure i'll always love my guy S to some degree. but sometimes your brain has to move on...even if your heart is kinda stuck in my mud. and just so you know...it IS possible to love more than one person at a time. so maybe moving on is your only option if this has been going on for seven years...
    i've fallen in love exactly once (see above), though i have had...*counts on fingers, then toes*...twelve crushes in my lifetime. boys: eleven. girls: one (and she's still in the running...man is she something...). but keep in mind this is for ALL TIME, and it doesn't matter how long the crush lasted...(half of them were week-long elementary school crushes, anyway).
    so...
    maybe it's time to move on. i know i'm trying to move on from S, even though I still love him. good luck (*hug*) and know that we're all here for you!

4. theaterfreak

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    only one. and we are together now, and it's the best thing in the world. not too sound to smoochy

5. otc877

otc877 Guest

I've never been in love. But, I suppose that's my fault. I have a pretty good emotional wall preventing anybody getting close.

rawr

6. Leon481

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Never been in love either. I just never got the chance I guess. I know it'll happen someday though.

7. halfy

I've fallen in love with my friend. at first i thought it was a crush or a phase and that the feelings would just go away; but it's been almost 2 years now and i still feel really strongly about her. i think about her a lot, i always think about her when i'm not near her, or when i can't contact her. there are times when i feel ok and i think i'm gonna get over her, but then i see her again, or something reminds me of her, and it just stirs up all of my feelings all over again. i keep trying to deny my feelings and passing it off as a crush, but i think these feelings have been going on for far too long for it to be classed as a crush. i've been attracted to other people, male and female; but none of them come close to her. and i don't feel anything even close to what i feel for her for anyone else at all. i don't think i can deny it to myself anymore, i am in love with her.

8. byeee

Once... and it's a feeling I can't describe :slight_smile:.
    Ugh, I can't wait for finals to be over...

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

It depends if we are counting crushes or not. If not then just one, Markie.

If we are including crushes then at least ten. Name-unknown, Name-forgotten, Matthew, Graham, Richard, Nick, Simon, Ross, Martin, Tristan, and I'm sure there were some others. Though "fell in love" would be too strong for many of them, more like "fell in lust" really.

10. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Oh probably three or four, but one is more powerful than all others. I've never gotten over it.

11. Jim1454

Interesting question...

I know that I'm totally and completely in love right now. So that would be at least once!

I'd have to say that I was in love with my wife as well, but it didn't feel as intense as it does now with my bf. But we certainly loved each other, and we still do. She'll continue to be my partner in raising our two little girls, and I'm thankful that she's been as wonderful as she has through this very difficult time.

Ok - so that would be twice. I think that's it.

Two loves, and both of them are wonderful beyond my imagination! I'm a lucky guy.

12. Connor

Connor Guest

Just one, it ended rather badly like a contained explosion and I am still rather miserable about it. I have moved on, but I fear I may never feel the same way about another person again.

13. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    she is my first crush that i am in luv with.

14. Alex

Not any, dont think ive even had a real crush...
    Im not that open to people i dont know... lets use otc's term... emotional wall

15. Matthaiastheman

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once before with a guy.And now exclusively with my girl.

#15 Matthaiastheman, May 19, 2008
    Last edited: May 19, 2008
  16. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I really do not know.

Part of me wants to say only once - with a guy.

But another part wants to say a lot, in the tens and twenties, with mainly women, and a couple of guys. I am always crushing on women, and very very occasionally on men.

But as for love, I don't know. Past the first stage of a pulsing race, perhaps only once, with a man? But I really really don't know. But whatever it was, love or some other attachment, I know that what I felt for him was deep and fundamentally changed me forever.