1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at work.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by justjade, Aug 7, 2013.

1. justjade

I know the title implies that I need advice, but actually, I've already done it. I mean, I only told two people, but that's good enough for me. I don't need everyone to know yet.

Anyway, neither of them seemed surprised at all, which was nice. It surprised me a bit, but at least I haven't encountered any resistance yet. Mainly because the only people I've told are "safe" to tell.

In fact, one of them is a transman, too! He's been a butch lesbian his entire life, and now he wants to transition. I guess I'm the first person he's talked to about this, too. It makes me feel pretty good. I was telling him about a charity that supplies binders to transmen who can't afford new ones. I really hope that helped. Unlike me, though, he wants surgery, T, the whole 9 yards.

I'm kind of surprised. I didn't expect to have my coming out to cause someone else to come out, too. I'm really happy and still kind of stunned. Really, this is pretty awesome. He's really cool, and I wish him the best. :slight_smile:

2. srslywtf

Cool :slight_smile: Im not even contemplating coming out at work... Of course I plan on being in a new job soon though and I wont have any secrets there

3. justjade

That's good. :slight_smile:

I haven't told my boss I'm transgender yet, and I don't think I ever will. She's pretty religious. I don't think it would be a good move.