1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's just a girly crush, but DAMN, it's annoying me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Helen, May 13, 2008.

1. Helen

Helen Guest

Basically, I've got quite a bit of a crush on this guy in my music class at school. I like him because I find him really cute and occasionally very funny, when he isn't being an immature little twit. Despite that, there's something that just draws me to him. And I made the ridiculous mistake earlier in the year, of telling a girl I know that I like him. Now, she's one of those really *really* immature girls, who try to act all grown up but always end up acting like a child after about ten minutes. She probably had to think twice to even remember who the guy was, to be honest.

The point is this: AS SOON AS I TOLD HIM THAT I LIKED HIM, SHE STARTED TALKING TO HIM MORE AND MORE AND MORE >.< I KNEW this would happen, and I'm so very pissed off that it did. He doesn't like me back, of course, he probably thinks himself out of my league (quite an arrogant little so and so sometimes, but he needs to be tbh, he gets loads of bother from all the sporty jock-esque guys in our school).

Now they're texting constantly, always on MSN apparently, and he never leaves her alone, they're always messing around in music, poking each other, stealing the other's pencil case, or chasing each other around the room with drum sticks. Don't want to sound prudish here, but I actually do work instead, because I'm immensely serious about my music. But when I'm not working, I try my best, I honestly do. I try to be myself as much as possible, but I don't think he particularly likes the real me. I'm ever so nice to him most of the time, and if he knew how much I defend him when I hear the others bad mouthing him...

*goes to the nearest wall and kicks it*. Sorry, just had to vent that out at the moment, just had a wind band rehearsal with the both of them, and it's International Smack an Ass day. You can probably guess what was going on......(I did slap his ass quite a few times though XD)

2. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awwww Helen (*hug*) If he doesn't like the real you, he doesn't deserve you. You are awesome, you deserve someone who'll like you for YOU, not someone who likes fakes.

I sorta know what you mean about not being able to be with the guy because I always tend to fall for *straight* girls and can never pursue anything. If it makes you happy, don't hesitate to dream about him a little, but don't let it turn into an obsession because that'll just make you feel rubbish.

It seems like nothing will happen, so eventually the crush will probably fade, although there's no telling in how long that might take.

Might sound rather pessimistic on the get-together-possibility front, but it's the best I can tell you.

3. Trumpetplyer23

I think everything heatqueen said just about sums it up.

If I was in your position, I'd totally flirt with the dude to piss the other girl off. It has two bonuses, first you're flirting with the guy you like AND you're annoying the immature girl.