1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ultima87, Aug 9, 2013.

1. ultima87

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hi all,

Im new here, new to all of this. But I've had this lingering question in my head for awhile now. I'd say like a couple years. Well these past couple of years I have been startng to look at guys a bit more. It started when I saw the movie fast 5, and I just couldnt stop staring at the rocks body. His arms, his chest, his back. It was kinda turning me on. So then I started looking at other muscular men (buff guys, body builders, etc) and working out also seems to make me look at guys more often. Ive wacked it a few times to pics of buff guys. And it started to make me wonder what was up.

Now all of my life (im 26 now) ive been straight. Ive had multiple long term relationships with girls (married atm actually), have had sex with multiple girls, and so on and so forth. But up until recently THIS has been crossing my mind.

I dont exactly have anyone to talk to about this stuff so ive come here. Thanks to everyone that answers.

2. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Well you definitely have like a bizzilion people to talk to here, thats fer sure!
    Welcome, and I hope I can offer some kind of valuable opinion.

It sounds like you are pretty confident that you are sexually attracted to women, and it sounds like there is a lot of sexual interest in men right now, so lets just take the opportunity to say..... you are not "straight". Remember that sexuality is a spectrum, and everyone falls on a different place on that spectrum. Some people are completely straight and have never had a gay though, others the opposite, but the truth is, 80% of everyone else is somewhere in the middle. So, please dont think you are alone.

Question:
    You said that it wasnt until a few years back that you started looking at guys "a bit" more. What does that mean? Was there signs earlier?

Im sure that this will be a very confusing road ahead of you, but I do know that you have made one of the hardest steps. The first. :slight_smile:

Hope to see more of you around!

3. ultima87

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    well ive checked guys out at the gyms before (before as in before this all started happening) but i didnt really think too much of it.

And yeah I can definently say that right now im not 100% straight but im glad ive found a place to voice my question. Thanks

4. KingdomKeyDK

Welcome.

It seems to me that you are just curious. You said you had those feelings a little while back, and were you married at the time? If you weren't, then you were just wondering what it was like. If you were married, then you probably wanted something outside the box. To me it just seems like you're straight but curious.