1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want guys!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lacri, May 14, 2008.

1. Lacri

Lacri Guest

I just want someone! I can't get anyone....I don't know if it is because I am digusting or what. Is it because there are not many gay guys nere me? How does everyone else get someone? There are a few open gay guys, and one is my friend but he's definetly not what I'm attracted to.

2. Leigh

Leigh Guest

well if your thinking things are easier being straight your wrong.

well ok your probably not wrong but theyre still hard,

ive come to the conclusion that the only thing you can do is be patient and someone will turnup.

i know what you mean tho - the other day i was at the park and there were 13 of us. 6 couples and me. i just want someone too :icon_sad:

3. bitou

bitou Guest

Agreed , just be patient someone will came just for you. Just be patient and believe

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I don't know if it is because I am digusting or what.

No, it's because you're sixteen.

You're in high school. For most high schoolers, the available dating pool is the students at your school. And you're gay. That immediately cuts the available pool of candidates WAY down - to the open gay male students at your school. And you're selective, as evidenced by the fact that your one gay friend doesn't interest you as a boyfriend. That cuts the pool down even further.

How many are you left with at this point? Three? And if two of them are currently dating each other, and the other one isn't interested, then you've exhausted all the possibilities.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be selective. I just want to explain why it seems like "nobody" wants you. Don't fret. Stay social, keep meeting new students, keep being friendly. Things will probably fall into place.

Lex

5. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    First thing you need to do is have some confidence in yourself. You need to learn to love yourself and appreciate the good qualities about yourself and then others will appreciate those qualities as well. To refer to yourself as "disgusting" isn't doing yourself any good and surely won't attract anybody into your life. Start thinking about what you like about yourself. Write them down if you need to and leave them on your mirror and read them everyday. This works!!!

6. Jim1454

The other thing you need to do is stop thinking that EVERYONE else has a bf / gf - because they don't. TV and movies suggest that EVERYONE falls in love in high school and is dating someone, and that's simply not the case. You've seen the thread here where there are a lot of people - many older than you - that haven't had their 'first kiss' yet. You're not alone - you just feel that way.

So like others have said, give it time. I didn't have a serious relationship until I was probably 20, and even then it wasn't REALLY serious. It involved hugs and pecks on the lips. (Very lame! I was SO clueless!) And then I met my wife - and that was the first really serious relationship that I'd ever had - at age 25.

Wow - that might be more depressing than helpful - sorry about that. At any rate, try not to get worked up about it. Because feeling bad and beating yourself up over it isn't going to make finding someone more likely - it will be LESS likely.

Good luck.

7. bigmoney521

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Trust me i know how you feel. It seems like i can't walk down the hallway at school without seeing people right in the middle of the hallway hugging and kissing. Its soo annoying and it makes me so upset because i cant do that. But i guess we have no choice but to try and hang in there like evryone else has said but that dosent mean that it still dosen't suck.:bang: