1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out To Friend No. 2

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lukeluvznicki13, Aug 10, 2013.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi guys :slight_smile:
    So like I really felt comfortable and relaxed when I told my first friend that I am bisexual. Now I want to tell my guy friend Dylan that I am bi sexual but I'm unsure of how to.
    It is harder with him because
    -there are always people around when I am with him
    -I feel awk if I just randomly bring up the topic.
    Again, should I text him and tell him or try tell him to his face? :s
    I'm really unsure...I do know that he accepts the LGBT community so that is a start.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What is the context? I agree that pulling it up out of nowhere is difficult, because in that sense, it's completely irrelevant at least on the surface.

Maybe frame it as something that has been gnawing at you for awhile and you want to clear the air. He's a good friend of yours and you want him to know the whole truth about you, which includes the fact that you have attraction to guys and girls. If you put it in a way that makes your (non-sexual) relationship with him of utmost importance, he'll feel flattered and not quite as hit by something as seemingly impulsive as "btw I'm bisexual."

I've always liked the name Dylan too. :slight_smile:

3. LD579

Do you think you could get him alone for a few minutes and let him know that you want to tell him something about yourself because you trust him greatly and value his friendship and support? If you put it in a similar way, it'd be hard for him to feel threatened by you or anything, and I'm sure he'd be very accepting =) Good luck with whatever you do, but it might be best to preface you coming out to him with something similar to what I wrote above.

4. lukeluvznicki13

Thanks I like your idea :3

5. lovehatelive

when i told the first two i told them over the phone, i haven't told any boys yet got told by the people i told, in a way that was good because i didn't have the awkward conversation, my advice is just to tell him over the phone, it's easier to say, if they are one of your friends they will support you, if not screw them, if he is a decent human being he will take it well!
    good look :grin:

6. TacoswithJuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Often you can just say hey can i talk to you and if he needs the hint say like private or something and then tell him. Just be honest with him like if you've really wanted to tell him and it's been gnawing at you go ahead and say it but if not there's no reason to pretend just be like hey! i'm bi. or you could even just be like hey im bi. you wanna go see a movie with *jennifer* this weekend? whatever works for you and good luck :slight_smile:

7. lukeluvznicki13

Thanks guys for your help
    I really wish I just had the guts to tell him straight out
    Like I'm not too sure how to start up the topic x.x

8. lukeluvznicki13

Update - i came out to dylan and he told me that he was gay. So he of course accepts me. I think we have become stronger friends from this

9. LD579

Congratulations on taking this step =) I'm glad it all went well. I'm sure you both can become even closer from this.