1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking baby steps.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Niq, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Niq

Niq

I found out my sisters opinion on LGBT while I was watching Glee.
    She said, "It's up to each person. If they feel comfortable in that lifestyle it's up to them and there's no reason to bully them even if you disagree. It's their life. It won't affect you."

Less than half an hour ago I told my mom I had a dream that me and G(my sis) had a gay brother (I really didn't have the dream just wanted to see what she'd say) and asked her what shee would do if she had a gay kid. She said she wouldn't like it that she did, but she'd still love him/her.

What should my next step be?

2. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If your very serious about coming out and know the possible repercussions of it, I would suggest talking to your sister. I think its good to start with people who you know will support you. The first person I ever told was a friend from school, and her support meant a lot to me. Just know that if you tell your parents and they don't take it well, you'll have to live with them for at least the next four years while you finish high school. I don't mean to scare you, and you shouldn't deny who you are. You just need to be very careful.