1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help....

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sblack, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Sblack

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello....I need help. I don't know what to do. I'm 26 years old, I'm a virgin. But I've been with women...quite a bit actually. I haven't come out to any family but its gettin to the point where I'm getting questions about marriage and boyfriends. I live in a different city and I'm essentially out where I live. People know my orientation and I frequent gay events. But when I'm home I'm in the closet. It saddens me that I can't come out to my family but I'm afraid they will not approve of my choices. I don't even know how to start the dialogue. My family is religious and so am I. I've tried to pray they gay away but it's still here. Sometimes after sex with a woman I get really depresses because I feel like I'm living in sin. If that isn't enough. There is a man in my life and I really care for him and I could see us for the long term but the idea of sex with him scares me. He has been in my life for eight years. And he doesn't pressure me but I know he's fed up. He doesn't like the idea of me with a woman but he understands. I'm just lost. Help me please.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC Sblack!

The definition of a "crisis" is a decision point, a place where you are a crossroads, and you have to take one direction or the other.

I would suggest you stay awhile at that crossroads, let time freeze a little so that you can sort things out. Religion is one very important decision point, it has been for me, and for many others here. You may have to find different ways of experiencing the religious impulse, you may need to let go of certain things...which is part of becoming yourself.

Let us help you through this, that's what this place is for!