1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I come out to my friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whattagirl, Aug 11, 2013.

1. whattagirl

Hey everybody! So I want to come out to my friend and I'm scared. I've told one friend over text and she was really supportive and it was great. I had to do it over text because I was too afraid. But, I don't want to tell my other friend that way because I feel like its impersonal and I'm closer to this other friend. So far I've told her that I have a crush on someone and when she asked me who I said that it was too big to tell her over text (we were texting at the time). One time we were hanging out and she asked me who I liked and I chickened out. Ugh. I know that she's lgbt friendly, but I feel like if I tell her then she'll say nice things but then our friendship won't be the same. Also, I'm afraid she'll think that the one I have a Crush on his her (its not).

Please help

2. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

For me i would say tell her in person, talk about it you will feel so much better. when i first came out to my best friend, i also had a huge crush on him at the time it was such a relief to just have it off my chest. it helped me accept myself more, i found the more people i told the easier it was for me to accept who i am. I am always scared someone will act different if i tell them but they don't completely know you until you share that part you with them. I hope this helps some and everything works out for you!

---------- Post added 12th Aug 2013 at 01:03 AM ----------

And welcome to Empty closets as well!

3. whattagirl