1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm omitting a lot of details so this will be confusing

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by tinkerbell, Feb 11, 2007.

1. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's in the Marines. It's a small world and some of y'all might know her, so I'll refer to her by the first initial of her first name, S. She still thinks homosexuality is a lifestyle choice and she's deeply into the closet. Because of this and other reasons, I need to break up with her. One of the other reasons is that I am manic-depressive and have strong schizophrenic tendencies, so I personally think that, for me, not for other manic-depressives or anyone, but for me, that I cannot hold down a stable relationship with her. She is three thousand miles away from me, but she calls me on the phone every night. S didn't take me seriously when I said I wanted her to call me once every five days, and when I tried to break up with her, it went like this:
    K, my dance partner, held up the paper upon which she had written what I was to say. I dialed S' number.
    "Hey, what's up?"
    "...I'm in a depressive phase right now and I can't hold down a stable relationship. You should find someone else."
    "It's nothing I can't handle. I've dated worse girls than you. A was worse than you."
    I was not very happy with that. "What are you going to do if I call you up and threaten suicide?"
    "Talk you out of it. I did that with A."

S is not over A, the ex with whom she was together for a long time. She talks about her WAY TOO MUCH.

How do I get it through her head that I don't want her anymore?

2. GuitarGirl1350

I had an ex who clung to me, who was madly in love with me (but yet cheated on me...) and refused to actually break up with me, even though i dumped her in the most outright way possible. (You cheated on me. I don't trust you. It's over.) and then she kept calling me up, I didn't want to hear it, so I just eventually refused her calls and when she did get through I told her (in escalating degrees of anger) various places to stick various objects/things and to never call me again. Yeah, it was nasty, but it got the job done.
    I mean, she DID stalk me for a year afterwards.
    (Found her stalking me online...)
    If you don't want to be that nasty, you should just refuse to talk to her until she gets it through her head.

3. tinkerbell

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you, but it won't be necessary. She broke up with me today because the distance had gotten to be too much for her. I had to wait until we hung up to start laughing. My sides hurt. I'm happy!