1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Angry

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by GlindaRose, May 15, 2008.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, you'll all probably think I'm being really petty, and that I'm making mountains out of molehills; however for some reason this has affected me a lot.

While I was talking to the girl I met online who goes to my next school, she told me that the house she's in, Haversham, is the better house (The other one's Edwards). She said that Edwards was full of the loud, posse-ish, crazy, obnoxious people while Haversham generally has the nicer people in it. I would be prepared to think she was being biased, but she said a lot of them were like someone I know who goes there, who used to go to my current school, and she fits the description perfectly. So I asked my dad to write to my next school and request that I be in Haversham house.

Today I just got an e-mail from my dad telling me what house I'm in at my next school. Unfortunately it's Edwards.

I'm pissed.

No really I was on the verge of crying.

I actually called him up and asked if he could write to my next school and ask why, but he was like 'No we don't want to come off as really difficult people' and left it at that.

I really did want to be in the same house as the girl I met online at my next school, and I really DIDN'T want to be with the girl who used to come to my current school. Wells didn't even say WHY I couldn't be in the one I requested.

Ok you're probably going to all tell me that I am 'coming off as one of those difficult people' right now. But seriously. I'm pissed. I shouldn't be, but I am.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm assuming "houses" are something like the "dorms" here in the States. If so, then yes - they can assume various reputations. Dorm One is where the serious students live, Dorm Two is where the partiers are, etc etc. But these reputations tend to change over time. The dorm I was in my first year had the reputation of being a really party-friendly dorm. But that year, it was populated by mainly nerds who wanted to study. We did have a good time, but it wasn't the tradition "partying" that the dorm had a reputation for.

Remember - the house is neutral. It's the students who make it what it is. You'll no doubt find some new cool people in your house who will share your interests. :slight_smile:

Lex

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well OK I mean, I guess I should give it a chance. There are 2 affecting factors, however:

1.) The girl I met online is a lesbian so I really wanted to be in her house because it means we can be ourselves in our dorms together, and we can understand each other, etc etc etc.

2.) I really do not like the girl who used to go to my current school and want to do everything in my power to stay away from her. From what I believe I think she is in Edwards too which is REALLY annoying.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Heatqueen,

I can understand your frustration and anger. Although you are sharing the same house with someone you don't like, you can still minimize the contact with her. And as Lex said, you'll meet new and different students. So staying away from the girl you don't like shouldn't be too hard. Even though the girl with whom you would like to be lives in a different house, it shouldn't hinder you from getting to know her better and you can still be yourselves when you visit her or meet with her.

Don't get frustrated over something which is out of your control. I'm sure it's going to work out in one way or another.

5. BadAndy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you two are put in different buildings maybe one of your roommates will always be gone so you could spend all your time together and it would be like sharing a dorm. I live at home while going to college so I don't know much about dorms..but from what I've seen on TV usually everyone's room mates are gone! :icon_bigg

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Everyone ought to get a least three chances a month to be difficult.

7. Psychedelic Bookmarks

Aww, Lucy, bad luck *hug*

I don't know how it is at Wells, but houses' reputations can be pretty stereotypical. My house is supposedly crap at sport, but we often win football tournaments. And in my year, there are loads of jock types... So try not to worry too much. You get all kinds of people everywhere.

As for having to be with this girl, I'm sorry. I don't know how it is at Wells, but hopefully you can just keep away from her. And just think how exciting it would be to sneak into this other lesbian's room late at night :grin: heh, sorry, I have been reading too much fanfiction. But seriously, you should look on the bright side. You will still be able to mix with this girl sometimes.

(*hug*) Just give Edwards a chance. I'm sure there'll be some people there who you like.