1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this flirting?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Psychedelic Bookmarks, May 15, 2008.

1. Psychedelic Bookmarks

There is a girl who I am out to who also told me that she was questioning her sexuality. I feel like there is a lot of tension between us.

She always comes up and jumphugs me when she sees me and kind of squeezes me. I know girls do this a lot but seriously she does it all the time.

And she always seems really nervous around me. She kind of plays with her hair and follows me around and stuff.

And today she wrote me a bebo message including this:
    "And after all I have learned (though far too late) that if there's something you want, you must go out and get it! (or present yourself with the opportune moment)"
    and seemed to imply that she was hanging around my tutor room for that reason.

She always seems to be quite flirtatious but she's also pretty nervous and shy. I like her but I'm pretty shy too. Does it sound to any of you like she might like me? Because tomorrow there will be the perfect oppurtunity for me to spend some time alone with her at school, and I.... I dunno, I guess I have this feeling like something might happen. But I don't want to make a fool or myself or mess up our friendship.

2. jazzrawr

Well, if she's questioning herself and she's doing all that...it sounds to me like she's flirting.
    If youre nervous about flirting back, just take it slow and see how she responds...if it;s good GO FOR IT :grin:

3. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have a perfect open with her - she told you she's also questioning her sexuality. So spend the time with her alone, and talk to her about that. " You said you were questioning your sexuality a few months ago. You feel any better about that? Made any insights?" And, if you want to press the issue, ask "Anyone you got your eye on?"

Lex

4. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I think there is a definate possibility she could be flirting - especially as she knows about you, and she's told you she's questioning her sexuality too. It does sound like it. (but I refuse to take responsibility if I'm wrong!).

I personally wouldn't be too direct, as in ask her directly if she likes you - not that there's anything wrong with that, it can be good, and gets things in the open, but it wouldn't be my personal style and it could freak her out. But I would definately work my way up during conversation - perhaps as suggested above, when you bring up sexuality.

However, what I'd do is flirt back, catch her eye a lot etc, see how she responds to you flirting (if that's what you want), and then somehow ask her how the sexuality thing is coming on. Just talk to her, maybe suggest you go for coffee at the weekend or something.

It's a shame you're underage because otherwise I'd recommend a little alcohol to make you both less shy (I'm shy, but a little gives me confidence with these sorts of things).

But good luck!

5. motleyjunkie

it def sounds like she is flirting.
    just take things slow.
    make little flirty gestures back and see how she responds.

6. Psychedelic Bookmarks

In case anybody cares, I did take up the oppurtunity to be with her. Unfortunately there were lots of other people there so we couldn't talk in private.

I tried to gauge her reaction to some mild flirting but she was very shy. I still suspect she may like me but she was just way too shy to take it anywhere. I tried to get some time alone with her so we could talk but she didn't pick up on it and nothing happened. :frowning2:

She's not the person I have a major crush on atm, so that's ok, but I was still pretty disappointed.