1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by oblitus, Aug 13, 2013.

1. oblitus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I identify as bisexual though i am more attracted to girls than boys, and I am utterly and completely in the closet. I no idea how to come out to my parents, and I'm scared because I know that there's a lot of misconceptions about bisexuality. I don't want them to assume something bad about me, and I also don't want them to think that it's just as phase. They aren't homophobic, but it might be different when it's their own kid. I have no idea what to do, and I would like to be open to them, but I don't know how.

2. GayNerd

Despite knowing that your parents are not Homophobic, you are right when it comes down to you being their kid. I don't know for certain if they will accept you. Nonetheless, you should always be prepared for questions they might ask you. Some questions may be "Are you sure it's not just a phase?", "Don't you think you just haven't met the right guy?", "Is it something I/we did?", and so on.

If you choose to tell your parents, male sure you have their complete attention. Also make sure that you are calm. It will greatly help.

I hope that this is helpful to you.

3. tayl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Try not to make it a big deal. Since there are lots of misconceptions, I'm sure they'll have some questions about it. Just deal with that and get it over with. If you're bisexual, then who better is there to teach them about it? :icon_wink