1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why not...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AgronFan, Aug 13, 2013.

1. AgronFan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hey guys. its the first time that i ask for advice on this site. its maybe cause im a little drunk :slight_smile: but i think i could realy need some help. also english is not my first language so sorry for misspelling :slight_smile:

ok, im 26 and i never had a girlfriend (no interest) and (sadly) no bf. i'm 100% gay. the questions about a gf had stopped long time ago. its like my sexuality is not a topic anymore. we all pretend that im straight and i was ok with that

but now, there are days that i just sit in my room thinking "why just dont come out to my mom?" i want her to know... i want to be able to look at other guys in front of her (i'm able now but i have to be carefull :slight_smile:)u know what i mean :wink: but every now and then, she says something, not homophobic but it can hit you in the right place and thats the moment when i think "not yet"

there is not a single gay person in our whole family (as long as i know) so i would be the first one.

can u give me some advice? thx

2. Martjain

Hey there!
    I guess by what you said that you're not worried about your parents kicking you out or anything of the kind. Which is a good thing.
    I see your problem, you don't HAVE to come out, cause you don't have a boyfriend for example, but you'd really like to come out, like we all do :slight_smile:
    You just gotta choose the right moment to tell her, and I most probably, if she isn't very supportive at first, she will soften with time. Many ppl often say homophobic things out of ignorance maybe without noticing, but I insist, when they realise they have an LGBT friend, son, daughter or else, they start to learn about this stuff and begin to think twice before they speak.

Another approach if you think she isn't gonna take it very well is, build a strong supportive base by telling ppl that you know are gonna be there for you. Maybe friends, siblings or whatever you like :wink: And then tell her, if she's unsupportive you can rely on your friends or siblings.

Is this what you expected or did I just drift away from the subject? Do you have any other doubts?