1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need that final push and advice!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Saint Otaku, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Saint Otaku

Alright, so I've been wanting to come out to these close friends -- all accepting of queer identities -- for quite a while now: K, M, V, H, and R. KV&H are straight females, while R is a bi female and M is the boyfriend of V. H&R now go to another school, and ideally I wanted to invite them all to a dinner or lunch and come out to them all at once, but this is unlikely to happen due to schedules. I do not want, at this age, to come out to any others than these, including my parents. Additionally I am very non-confrontational but very much want to tell someone of my sexuality.
    My major questions:
    *Should I come out to one person, or a group?
    *Of M (friendly, realistic, and a Hufflepuff), K (Quiet, fanfition-obsessed, feminist), and V (same as K but louder and lazier), which seem a best candidate?
    *Suggestions how should I come out, considering my very busy schedule of work and directing a play?

Thanks!

2. L0veIsL0ve

Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you should come out to them all at once. Have a "party" and play the game "Life". When you have to "get married" put a blue peg in your car. :wink:

3. I also think you should tell them all at once-that way in the future you don't have to worry about telling those that you didn't meet up with, etc. Just be up front with them-if one of them is bisexual and is out to all of them, they are gonna accept you. Good luck!

4. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    First, these are you friends. They love you the way you are now. Are you going to change between now and the time you tell them you are gay? I don't think so.

I would invite them to my home and tell them all at once. If you are uncomfortable about telling your parents, ensure that they are not there. In addition, ensure that siblings are not there too. Siblings sometimes have big mouths that blab personal information to mom and dad.

You friends will be supportive. Trust your gut feelings. They will not lead you astray.