1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SamAlex728, May 15, 2008.

1. SamAlex728

OK, so my friend, also my neighbor, just came out to me and said she's bi. I asked her what was wrong because she was all choked up. She just said, "You WON'T understand." I was like, "Try me!" She said, "I'm bi." I'm just sitting there thinking, "Yeah, right. I WON'T UNDERSTAND?!?!?!?!?!" Definitely not now, but should I come out to her? Show her that I DO understand?

2. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't come out unless you feel you can trust her. Since she is bi odds are she would be more understanding of the need to not be outed however you never know. She could easily blab and out you to many. My best advice is think if you can trust her. A rushed or hasty coming out is never a good idea. You can still talk to her about her being bi if she thinks your heterosexual.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there,

Sure why not? If you feel that it might help and you feel comfortable with it as well, go for it. You are probably the best person that could help her and show her that you do understand. Talking, sharing experiences and being there for each other always helps. Good Luck! :slight_smile:

#3 Mirko, May 15, 2008
    Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think I have given you the best advice in the previous post..... Follow your instincts on this one. Ask yourself whether or not you can trust her. If you feel that you can and you feel comfortable with it that she knows, sure let her know. As said, it is always good to have someone to talk to, and have someone for support. Hope this helps...