1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with stress and sadness from coming out

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by JoshuaLovely, Aug 13, 2013.

1. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I came out to my best friend today. At first it was a great feeling because she is a great friend and I now have someone who I can talk to in person when it comes to my sexuality and all things concerned with it. But now I'm home and I'm freaking out. I'm so stressed about it that I'm physically sick. I know she loves me, will always be there for me, and will never tell anyone. But I'm still sick : ( Sometimes I feel like hopping on my motorcycle and riding to California. My life here would be over if I was outed. How can I feel better and quit stressing? Should I not tell anyone else? This definitely makes me not want to date any guys :... (

2. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You sir are having what's called a vulnerability hangover. Take a deep breath, exhale and then watch Brené Brown's talk about when she had one.

Oh and congrats on coming out to your friend! I envy your courage so much right now...

3. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you very much. Though I'm not sure if I'm deserving of the description courageous as she's the first person I've told in three years.

4. kresukun

I to came out to what I suppose is now my best friend just a couple of hours ago and he was really accepting. What made it better is that he said he kind of knew because of my slightly higher voice (which I blamed on the Xbox Mic). But yea we just carried on our conversation as normal.

I find it that the question is much harder to take than the response, I was terrified and literally shaking. I took a few breaths and realized that nothing had changed and that the guy just knew something new about me. And the most powering thing he said to me was and i quote 'well nothing wrong with you being who you are'.

I felt like crying because he was so accepting, but also made me realize that I am a stronger person than I first knew.

I commend you for beating your demons and facing them head-on. Only you can make the change and you've started, you can't stop now.

(*hug*) You did yourself proud (*hug*)

5. JoshuaLovely

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wish I could be who I am around all of those I love. God that would be amazing. But the times haven't changed enough yet. Congratulations on coming out Kresukun, I'm proud for you : ) and simpleman that was an amazing video!

6. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Glad you liked it! Sounds like it helped. It's one of those videos that you are bound to run into if you spend enough time around here. Her book Daring Greatly is also fantastic.