1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared to come out.. need someone to talk to

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jessicaa, Aug 14, 2013.

1. jessicaa

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I started like most people do, I told my friends I was lesbian, except someone from my school over heard and said "ew, why? You're hot, break up with her and date me". He then continued to tell me I can't be lesbian because I'm too pretty.... What. Are you serious. Now I'm moving somewhere else so I'm only stuck in this shitty town for another couple months.. Anyway, I told my mom after and her reaction wasn't the best.. Now I'm just scared of telling anyone. I'm scared of what they'll say, or even worse what they won't say. I'm scared of what they'll think and tell other people.
    I'm scared of being me. I hate me. :bang:

2. Nick07

hi Jessicaa and welcome to the forum.

There is no need to come out. It's not your duty to the world. It's a very personal thing. Straight people don't usually share details about their love life either. If you are scared, the time is not right. Wait till you feel more confident and comfortable *hug*

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2013 at 09:37 AM ----------

The best part is, you don't have to say anything :slight_smile: If you slowly start acting the way you feel, the important people in your life start to notice. Then all you need to do is to confirm their suspicion when they ask.

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2013 at 09:38 AM ----------

hm, interesting where my answer to your second post appeared *confused*

3. crickett

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Jessicaa:

First, stop your negative talk to and about yourself. Love yourself for who you are. Don't hate yourself. You are a gift from God! I am going to give you a gift. The gift is the mantra that Mother used with my sister. My sister had self-esteem issues. I feel that when you look at that beautiful girl in the mirror, you are have self-doubt too. Mother said this to my sis, "You are as good as anybody, better than most, and don't you forget it!"

Some people enjoy being hurtful to others. This is called bullying. As RuPaul once said, "It is not any of my damn business what other people say about me."

You are not obligated to tell anyone. Live your life. If it is easier not to tell them, then don't tell them. You will find a cluster of people that support you and your sexuality. Embrace them. For the rest, they can go to Hell!

4. Emberblaze

Don't ever say you hate yourself. Because in this world, you're own self is the best you have, so EMBRACE yourself. I can't tell you that everything will be roses and wine thereafter, but it doesn't mean you should hide within yourself.

You don't have to come out to anyone if you aren't ready, but don't suppress your readiness when it comes.

5. sharkpool

Don't be scared about what people will think, just be yourself. I know it's easier said than done but alwats remember that you and your happiness are what truly matter. Don't forget that! :slight_smile:

6. Sayu

Jessicaa, feel free to PM me and we can talk about this if you want to :slight_smile: