1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how can i get over my best friend?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lolo sime, May 15, 2008.

1. lolo sime

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    people say to get over your crush is to move away and dont see them. but my crush is my best friend. (i am her only friend).

2. halfy

Well i can't tell you how to deal with your feelings, but not seeing her is probably the best way to get over her. i have been trying to cope with my feelings for my friend and it hasn't been easy. but yesterday she got on a coach to london and she is currently on a flight to australia. a few days ago i was a mess because i knew she was going and i knew that i wouldn't be able to see or speak to her again for at least 3 months. however, now that she is gone i feel surprisingly calm and almost at peace. i was really tempted to tell her how i feel before she left but i managed to keep quiet and i'm glad i didn't tell her because i know she doesn't feel the same way about me as she is straight.

with her being your best friend it isn't that easy to break away. i've noticed in earlier posts by you that you've told her how you feel and she's ok with it. i would suggest trying to meet someone new, you don't have to fall out with your friend but perhaps you could try going to a gay bar or a gay dating service and see if you can meet someone you will like. also, time is a great healer, eventually; if nothing happens between you and her you should be able to get over it. but it will take a lot of strength and patience.