1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to a friend that's Bi?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Rasengan, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :help:Hey guys I've been posting a little bit on the site trying to get to know everyone but here is a little situation i'm in.

I started high school not to long ago so i'm a freshman (supposed to be a sophomore so i'm 15) and i met this girl who's really chill. Anyway this girl likes me and i have small feelings for her even though i'm Bi. Anyway she told me today she was Bi and had dated girls before and i was thinking about telling her i'm Bi as well but I don't know how she will take it because she likes me. I'm more gay then i am Bi so i don't know if it will be more disappointing to her because she likes me. I'm really confused and she is actually real close friends with a teacher i have a crush on http://emptyclosets.com/forum/family-friends-relationships/104595-gay-crush-my-teacher.html you can read about it there. So i was thinking if i tell her im bi and have a crush on our debate teacher she can tell me allot of stuff hes into and what he likes etc. Any advice?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Please please PLEASE tell me you don't want to know what your teachers into so you can actually act on this crush...

3. Rasengan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No way lol he could get fired or go to jail and its illegal im well aware of that. Just want to impress him in class and stuff and get him to recognize me for once

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Speaking as a teacher, if you want to impress your teacher learn stuff about what the dude is teaching!

5. Pat

Pat

Yeahhhhh, let's not worry about impressing your teacher in that way. Lol. I know it's tough when they're cute, but you're in school to learn. Separate your association and the way to get his attention is to do well in class and maybe, JUST maybe... when you're done with high school you can look him up and pursue it then if you feel like he's gay. I remember going out to a bar with some friends from hs (they're about 21-22, I'm 23) and one of my friends had been sleeping with our middle school algebra teacher lol. She was there at the bar also and that was.. interesting lol. Anyways, about the girl. Are you certain you're bisexual? Have you ever liked a girl that liked you? Wondering what makes you think you're bi and not actually just..gay. So that's something to think about also. I would say it's okay to tell her if she likes you in one of those.... pushy ways. Where she seems to be clinging to you. Then I would end her misery and let her know you're not actually interested in her in that way. You telling her you're bi isn't the reason why you don't want her. You being gay, now that's a different story. If you're certainly sure you're bi, then you need to be more direct and tell her that you're not interested in her. And whether or not you include that you're bi is up to you and how much you value the friendship.

#5 Pat, Aug 15, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  6. biggayguy

The best way to get a teacher to notice you is doing well in their class. They will spend extra time with you if they think you're really interested in learning their subject.