1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Jordane, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Jordane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Recently I was asked by someone who is a family friend if I liked girls, I had to respond with yes. He told me he was going to be teaching me pick up lines to get girls... I really don't like lying but at the same time I don't know if I'm ready to come out. I mean yes I know I'm gay and I'm proud of it, but I don't know if I'm ready for the world to know. What should I do?

2. Jomil91

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    just say you don't need help picking up girls, and avoid talking about it

3. Pat

Pat

^^ Pretty much. Tell him no, thanks. Mind your business. Things of that nature. Lol.

4. TyRawr

Board Member Full Member

Hmm, well I agree with the other posters here. Kindly tell him no.

As for the rest of what is going on I have a couple things to bring up that might be a nudge in the right direction for you. How are you proud, and still ashamed for the world to know you are proud?

Dont let that question rub off negatively on you, just ask yourself, am I enough? Straight enough, gay enough, thin enough, smart enough, attractive enough, whatever enough. The thing is, when we are in shame (which is fundamentally the feeling of disconnection/ the idea that if someone knows something about you that you wont be worthy of love and belonging) it means we are "fitting in", which is less about being who we are, and more about conforming to what we perceive the social standards are. And much like mold when it is exposed to sunlight, it is though vulnerability that shame is squelched.

Give it a little thought.
    Much love,