1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Ugly Old Closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by greyslover88, Aug 15, 2013.

1. greyslover88

Hey ya'll

So basically here's the scoop in a more condensed story:

I knew something was up at age 14. I never have liked boys. Never had crushes. Never really engaged with anyone in particular. I had always had these urges to be friends with certain girls throughout my childhood. I now look back and think these may have been small crushes... :lol:

But as I am 15 now here's how things have progressed. I am not out, but I make small remarks to try to prepare the people around me. My slightly religious parents make jokes about if I was to be "girl crazy" and how it would cause problems for them. I try to laugh it off, but it just hurts to smile right now. I live in a stuffy neighborhood with NO gay, bi, or lesbians that I know of. I go to a stuffy school with ZERO, yes zero, out wardly gay, bi, or lesbian people. I could just not know any, but it's a small school, everyone knows everyone. I've always had depression problems since about age 7 and they worsen each day. Self harm is common for me, and I have to wear certain shirts to cover scars on my arms from serrated knives. I've even swallowed toxic things to make myself sick. Some days I can't even bring myself to eat, talk to people, or function for that matter.

Now, I am not pitying myself or looking for pity, trust me. I am just looking for advice, personal stories or encouragement. I just feel like I have no one to talk to, much less someone to come out to. I understand this is common, and please don't feel the need to read all this.

I admire you all for being yourselves and having the courage that I do not.
    :slight_smile:

2. sharkpool

Hi!!!
    I just want to tell you to be yourself and not to try to be what others want you to be. Remember that your happiness is what truly matters! About the fact that you don't know any gay people, this may make you feel like you have no one to support you but remember that you are never alone. About your parents and coming out, don't force yourself. You should do it when the time is right and when you feel ready :slight_smile: