1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boooooooooooo........

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alexander, May 16, 2008.

1. Alexander

So I was in the car with my mom and my little brother and we were talking about films again. Sex came up and she said: "Sex isn't ugly, it's a completely natural thing....except of course when it's unnatural, and we don't want to think about that.....etc...blah blah blah....."

I don't know how she (or anyone else) can look at two people in love, no matter the gender, and see anything but beauty. That's what I see, and that's what I'd see even if I was straight (and I sure didn't get that from my upbringing). She sure didn't make me want to come out to her and deal with her crap my last summer at home. :bang:

......and I thought I was at a point where I had got through to her a bit with my "love is all we've got" propaganda......... because really that's what it comes down to.

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    >>>I don't know how she (or anyone else) can look at two people in love, no matter the gender, and see anything but beauty.

Try telling someone you don't like chocolate sometime, and watch their horrified reactions. "How can you not like chocolate?!" they'll demand to know. And in many ways, it's the same idea. Something is true for ME, and therefore it's true for everybody. They want to go to bed with people of the opposite gender, so naturally, everybody does. And if someone doesn't, why, there must be something WRONG with them, surely!

Lex