1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venting... Kinda.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Stronger24, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Stronger24

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, ever since coming out officially to a few people, I've noticed a change in how I am and I feel the need to vent.

I live in PA, and in an area which is known for being very close minded and not many gays where I am. If they are gay, they aren't my type. I know in a few months when I get into the Disney College Program, which is where you work down in Florida in the parks for a few months and live there. I'm sure I'll find someone down there. But I get lonely a lot. Which gets annoying... alot

Another problem is find myself crushing on guys who I KNOW are straight. I have a co-worker who I find to be really attractive. But, I know he has a girlfriend, Which is obviously not going to work out. And I crush on another guy, but im 99.9% sure he's straight. I mean, I keep telling myself that they are straight, but I still can't help but find myself thinking they are cute. It sucks because alot of guys I see walking in and around my grocery store and thinking they are attractive. But in reality, they are all straight and girlfriends wrapped around their arms

I just wanna find someone for me. I know I will, but I hate waiting.

Yeah.... end rant :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. sharkpool

You can't control who you find attractive, so don't blame yourself for that!
    That disney program sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully you'll find someone there :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Data

Data Guest

I feel the same way in regard to the straight crush dilemma. Even though I know the guy is straight, I still got sucked in. By the time I'd known him for a month or 2 I was crushing on his looks. After a year I was crushing HARD on his personality as well, to the point that it consumed me! HE'S STRAIGHT! I CAN'T HAVE HIM! It still does not stop me from falling asleep thinking about how much better it would be if he were asleep in my arms. I'm a hopeless romantic and that makes it all the WORSE for me to get over.

You and I will hopefully become aquainted with a cute gay guy who has a wonderful personality. Then in the course of getting to know each other, a crush will develop on HIM and the possibility will exist of a romance. It'll happen. It'll happen when you have given up and least expect it. :wink:

4. Kamina

Every single girl I look at and think "oh she's cute!" Is straight and wraped happily in their dotting boyfriend's arms. :frowning2: I know the feels.

5. HappilyCynical

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know the feeling. I spent some time in PA, and it was a whole lot different than my hometown. It actually surprised me - PA is a lot less liberal. But if it makes you feel any better, there are two YouTube vloggers who I absolutely obsess over, under the username "shep689". They used to live in Florida, which is a liberal state in of its own. I think, if anything, you will probably meet someone who you grow to really care for down there.

But in one of their videos, called "Our Story - Will and RJ", is probably one of the sweetest I've ever seen. Our Story - Will and RJ - YouTube It had me almost in tears when Will said,
    "They'll tell me 'I think that I really like this straight guy, and I'm gay. What do I do?' If by saying that difference, that he's straight and you're gay, you're already making yourself unavailable. You won't be able to get that person if you allow there to be a boundary between you two. As far as labels go - gay, straight, bi - labels are for T-Shirts. The reason they're around is to make it easier for people to understand. You meet this criteria, so you're "gay", or you meet this criteria, so you're "straight". Like, to me, we're all human. I just happen to know what I like and what I don't like, and if it makes it easier for you to understand, go ahead and put me in a box. But as far as this [RJ] goes, I didn't care about the fact that he was attracted to girls. I knew that I liked him and I wanted to pursue him, and that's just it. And if it fits, it fits, and if it doesn't, it doesn't."

That, right there, is why I subscribed.