1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am worried

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by wity, Aug 16, 2013.

1. wity

My whole life I have been male on the outside, and the whole time I have been female on the inside. The feelings that I need to be myself keep increasing in intensity, and last week I told my mom. Today my mom told my dad, and my dad was shocked. I really want to start on hormone replacement therapy (atleast thats what I think it is), so I can show my parents that the right choice is to let me transition into female physacally. I just hope that they will let me do this. Also I am worried that this will affect my dream job, and also I will not be allowed different places if I change genders to match my inner sexuality. I also have wanted to be an Imagineer fo disney theme parks, and I spend hours a day researching how to become one, almost as much as a search for solutions to help me become myself. I just don't want it to be too late or anything. Luckily I have a few features that don't need to change, I have an unoticable adams apple, I have long hair, although I need to maintain it better. The real thing is I don't know what to do, how I should tell my friends. I mean we are all in our teens, and teens don't always understand. I jsut need some advice, please help.:icon_sad:

2. wity

I just really think that you guys an help me

3. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You should consider transitioning only as long as you've thought long and hard about it, and are absolutely sure it is something you want to do. But no matter what I hope your parents are supportive of you.

I'm afraid I'm not too knowledgeable on hormone therapy. There are others here on EC that have a better understanding of how and when to approach it.

As for being an imagineer, I don't think it will hurt your chances at your dream job. They should hire according to talent and not gender. A corporation as large as Disney can't afford to discriminate against transgendered people. It makes for bad PR to say the least, at least I want to believe that. But in any event, if deep down inside you're female, don't let fear of not getting your dream job get in the way of feeling comfortable in your own skin.

4. Data

Data Guest

I can't offer much advice, other then to follow your heart in matters like this. You KNOW who you are, what gender you are, and who you want to be.

I also agree, Disney probably wouldn't discriminate a transgender individual, especially not for an Imagineer where most of the work you do is in your brain.

I hope a transgender individual can come in here and give you some personal experience and encouragement. I don't know NEARLY enough about hormone therapy or surgery to attempt to give any advice on it.

Like I said, trust your heart. No one knows you better then you. If the answer to a question regarding transitioning is "I don't know", wait a while and time will tell. Like Kor said, just don't make any permanent choices if you aren't 100% sure that it is what you desire. If you know in your heart what you want and who you are, you won't have any issues with that particular obstacle.

Here's to hoping someone with experience can chime in and quell a few of your fears. :slight_smile: