1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some advice!?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ginie34, Aug 16, 2013.

1. ginie34

Ok so on August 14, 2013 I came out to my parents they were cool with me being gay but that's because these past couple of months have been tough so they had a lot of preparation...they were asking me questions and stuff but after wards I felt the same as I did before I came out I thought I would feel relieved or at least happy..I thought all the pieces of the puzzle would connect i would finally get a boyfriend and actually talk to boys i just thought my life would get better by coming out..My parents were supportive but I still feel like a disappointment to them.I know its only been a couple of days but will I ever feel comfortable being gay or at least calling myself gay? I want to be happy and have friends but right now my life just sucks will life being gay get any better?

2. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    G Day and welcome :wink:

The answer is YES. Not all the pieces fall in to place the instant that you come out, everything is new and there are things that are going to take time to adjust and there is time needed for the dust to settle.

Your life doesn't suck, it's just right now it is difficult to see the forest through the trees. Just sit back, take a few deep breaths, stop panicking and just let time weave it's magic on your life :wink:

It does get better and with the support of your friends and family, you will be just fine :wink:

3. ginie34

Thank you so much dfiant that was just the advice that I needed! :slight_smile:)

4. dfiant

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're more than welcome, glad I could help :wink:

5. Data

Data Guest

Just to echo what has already been said, you WILL absolutely feel better with time. Absolutely, without a doubt, guaranteed. You'll feel comfortable within your own skin and it will feel fantastic. :slight_smile: