1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out anniversary, a few things

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Beware Of You, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Beware Of You

So it has been nearly a year since I came out and being a Unitarian I have been thinking back on what has been a up and down year.

I moved to a new city had a new start which has helped, but one thing is that I though coming out would put to bed any doubts worries about my sexuality that I had, however some got worse and resulted in my self harming again, and another admission into therapy.

Also I have kinda "femmed" slightly, I used to hide myself so much and now I don't. I wear brighter clothes and more daring stuff. People comment at how I have a "gay mannerism" going around the place.

More positive, I have a boyfriend now, I go to pride, I have a rainbow flag tattoo, flags in my flag and I am very out and proud now.

Although I have been drifiting towards becoming a LGBT rights activist, I have developed this militant streak in a way, I really stand up for my rights now, something I never did.

Best of all I am happy for the first time in my 23 years, I remember a few months ago I was holding my boyfriends hands on this bridge over the Liffy looking out to sea, and I just looked up at my boyfriend and just felt so happy and perfect like this I am finally not hiding and being who I am now. I then had the best kiss ever with him (!) and ended up at my place where we :***:

2. LEG7930

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Congrats on it being a year since coming out! It has been a little over a year for me (came out in April 2012). Things definitely change a lot over the course of a year.

3. Incognito10

Congrats! I, too, often reflect back on my coming out anniversary and while it has been all easy, I can say I am much more content. I don't worry about hiding my "gay mannerism" either--I am who I am and I am not going to experience any oppression regarding the way my voice sounds, the way I express myself or anything else. I am also a Unitarian Universalist. While there can be ups and downs, I have found, that especially given my age, I am not as worried about what others may think...that is one good thing about age, I suppose!

Namaste!

4. Colours

Maybe I laughed a little at how quickly that escalated :lol:

Good for you, though! It's not always easy but in the end, life is much better when you're out :slight_smile:

5. Beware Of You

Well we have slept together before, but he said he loved me this time, and well it was the best sex ever lol, so I guess its an expression of it.

I may have exaggerated we got home, watched movie, drank a few beers kissed alot and then :***:ed

Also noticed a typo, I don't have a flag in a flag, I have a huge LGBT flag on my wall in my flat

6. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's wonderful how far you have come within the last year. Congratulations, and I hope that things will continue to go so well for you. :slight_smile:

7. BooksJeansTea

Congrats! :slight_smile: Very encouraging post, by the way.

8. Hefiel

Well you seem to be in a nice mood today :wink: Congrats.

It's only been 4 months since I've been out, but I've also realized that I've "femmed" a little as well. Not that I see anything wrong with that, it's something that I find pretty interesting instead and it makes me feel a bit more "free" as well.

I'm jealous that you have a boyfriend...I want one too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: