1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No one to turn to

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Ozy, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Ozy

Ozy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So my mom found my 'diary' so to say and found out I gay. I was not going to tell her any time soon. We had a fight and she think im confused and dpnt know, but we all know better. I was planning on telling my sister but once my mom found out i just left and not planning on going back 'till shes asleep. I thought fuck it and sent my sistet a text explaining the situation and she sort of thinks im mistaken and that i can 'change', R U FUCKING SERIOUS? So i asked her if she could ever have sex with another girl, love her? She apologized and thats that. I wasnt ready for this im just broken, coming out was a mistake. I just dont know what to do. I am not talking to my mom about the subject ever. If only they'd understand.:icon_sad:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What's done is done Dude, it can't be erased, what happens next is what is important, I am sorry that your Mom read your Diary, that was wrong of her to do that, she should have respected your privacy :eusa_naug

It sounds like she is in the shock stage & is in denial, your Sister may be the key, if you can get her on side & give you her support, she may be able to smooth the way with your Mom & bring her around to the idea, it was not a ideal way to be outed, but at the end of the Day, you are now out & the pressure of being in the Closet, has now been removed (*hug*)

We are all here for you & support you all the way (*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

3. BooksJeansTea

Ozy, first, I'm sorry it happened this way and you didn't have the chance to tell her in a way that you wanted. (*hug*)

Now, I know you're emotional but let's think about this for a minute. I'm sure it was a shock for your mom. She reacted to the shock. Give it a little while and see how she is when she's had time to process.
    You said that you left? If she does not know where you are you should at least find a way of letting her know you are safe, where you are staying, and how she can contact you.

#3 BooksJeansTea, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
  4. FloatingPiano

I agree with Dublin Boy. You're sister could be a good supporter for you if you can get her to hear you out. You might need her company while you mom begins dealing with this news.

I'm so sorry she read your diary. That's rude. But what's done is done. I would try to give you mom some space for a bit. Let her digest everything.

Everyone her on EC is here for you, too. You are not alone. It will get better.

5. Kenny207

I know things are tough...I came out not so long ago to my family..around 3 months ago and their response was less then accepting. It's gonna take some time for them to readjust, and they are probably just confused. Remember, they've built these expectations ever since you were born, and it' going to take some time to change and accept those expectations. Good luck man, and remember, you can always talk to us. :slight_smile:

6. Ozy

Ozy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks everyone(&&&)

7. Californiacoast

Ozy, so sorry this happened to you! I can only imagine the hurt/anger you must be feeling right now. When I came out to my mom it took a while, but she came around. Just know there is hope in your situation and it will get better. If you need help, please reach out to a local LGBT support center there. I am sure you can find one on the web. We are pulling for ya!